1st step

lauralou88

Reaction score
Hey everyone new member here, me and my fiancie have been together 6 years now and 4 years we have been trying for a baby and nothing has happend :( after all this time we both finally decided its time for help. As we are both still in our 20's we didnt think much bad about it, we took our 1st step to the doctors for me to have a blood test today so gotta wait for results on that, also we both gotta do a urine sample fingers crossed hope all goes well.

Just a quick question as i didnt ask my doctor much what will happen next either good or bad as i dont really no???

Thanks for listing :)

Hey everyone new member here, me and my fiancie have been together 6 years now and 4 years we have been trying for a baby and nothing has happend :( after all this time we both finally decided its time for help. As we are both still in our 20's we didnt think much bad about it, we took our 1st step to the doctors for me to have a blood test today so gotta wait for results on that, also we both gotta do a urine sample fingers crossed hope all goes well.

Just a quick question as i didnt ask my doctor much what will happen next either good or bad as i dont really no???

Thanks for listing :)

Was it your GP or fertility consultant? If it was your GP and he/she feels your bloods are not what they should you'll probally be refered to a consultant.
If the bloods & urine come back ok it will probally be a scan for you and sperm count for your partner. Depending on the bloods they my give you supplements and any other hermones you might be low/high in. The fertility clinic teach you how to count your fertile days, signs of ovulation, take monthly bloods to test your hormone levels etc
Be sure and ask plenty of questions i know it's hard but you'll need to ask while it's fresh in your mind. I used to write things in a note book I'd forget and bring it with me.
Last resorts could be key hole surgery to see if your tubes are blocked, cysts, endmertisois but this is really the last stage when everything else is clear.
Your both young so don't worry probally something very simple.
I hope this helps, it's how it all started for me.

Hi thanks for your reply my doctor sent me 2 a local hospital to have my blood test today so i gotta wait till friday for my results, then take my urine sample as they wanted to check for chlamydia but i no we are both ok on that side of things lol. then see were it goes from there i guess but ill deffo take your advise on the book thing with all my questions down as im really forgetful lol

ill post my results when i get them, thanks for your help :)

hey :wave:laura, happy you make the first step to ttc and best of luck for your test result. We are here ladies that look forward to seeing your good news. Hope you will end up your stay here soon, many many baby dust for you.

Hi, gud luck with the results hun.

Michelle. x

thanks ladies for all your support really means alot :) i no by reading that most of the ladies on this site are either in the same boat or being though it, so its nice to hear that im not alone :)

thankyou and will post my results as soon as i get them x

hi, welcome!!!

what have you been doing so far? haev you been doing any thing to monistor ovulation to detect the few fertile days a month? do you haev pcos or endo? are your cycles very long or short?

Like sparkles says the next thing will likely be a sperm analysis for your partner - its the most non-invasive test so makes sense to get it done first. Fertility appointments can take a while to come through so in the meantime if you havent you should definateyl consider looking into using ovulation predictor tests, learning about your cycles etc?

Few links;

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/preconception/activelytrying/howmenstrualcycleworks/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cycle

keep us updated.

Last edited:
good luck with everything xx

Thanks, yeah as i said we been trying for about 4 years now my periods are very regular sum-times 2 days before or 2 days after but always around the same time. I've used prediction calculators when I'm supposed 2 be ovulation most but still nothing. my partner is going for a sperm test after i get my blood test result.

still going to keep trying in the mean while :)

sign up to Fertility Friend, and do the charting course they offer. I have found it really really helpful in understanding the different stages of cervical mucus, temping etc etc. Also get yourself some OPK's to wee on so you can be sure of your ovulation time.

and following the SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) also seems to be a good system, a lot of girls have had success on here.

its all really easy and boosts your chances quite a bit!. fx for you. xx

p.s. I am at same stage, got my first blood test at doctors on Friday. We have been off the pill for a year but only been really going for it at ovulation times for the last 2 months.

thanks lynds77 ill check that out now an hope all goes well for u in your blood test keep me up dated how u get on, i feel reassured abit being on this site knowing that if u have any worries or problems that someone else might have already being through what im goin through now can help out.

Thanks everyone for your replys much appreciated :) x

hey ladies just thought id update u i rung my doctors this morning and got my results back i had 2 come back as normal but not sure about the 3rd one as ive gotta ring them back monday for it so a little bit worried as the other 2 came back and they was fine :/

I've used prediction calculators when I'm supposed 2 be ovulation most but still nothing.

pleaess dont trust these calculators they are based on women ovulating at the exact mid point of her cycle which is rubbish!!! good luck

Ahh right i didnt no i have been going by them but if there not right thats maybe were i have been going wrong abit, thankyou for ur advise i have bourght one of those moniters from boots today so going to try that and see how i get on

again many thanks ladies and will keep u all updated xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back