Question about Hipster Jeans with elastic pulled over bump?

TipsyDipsy

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel the material top at the bottom of the elastic Panel in hipster jeans digs into the very bottom of your bump when you sit down?

I just bought a pair out of next and they seem to not sit below the bump properly and digs in just where the bump starts when I sit down.
I'm hoping they'll give a little bit as I wear them. :?

They just don't seem very comfy at the moment but perhaps as the baby moves up they'll fit better as i'm only 22 weeks at the moment (but already need them lol).

i just brought a pair from h&m and i had the same problem i had to pull them down a bit to make them more comfy. i am only 24 weeks so hopefully will give soon. its just nice to wear jeans again i started to feel scruffy wearing jogging bottoms all the time.

Oh I know the feeling. I'm so glad to be in maternity at last.
I was stingy with early months and wasn't going to buy bigger normal clothes until Maternity cause I thought it was a waste of money.
I just went to Next Clearance and they have all the maternity stuff from their catalogues in there being sold for £8 each and stuff. I was in heaven :cheer:

my NEXT ones dig into the bottom of my bump when sat down, not too bad when standing though

kirlykird said:
my NEXT ones dig into the bottom of my bump when sat down, not too bad when standing though

What Make of Maternity did you find most comfy? To put on my Christmas List :wink:

probably my Dorothy Perkins ones actaully :think:

My NEXT ones are getting more comfy as my bump is getting bigger though :D

Oh I know I have some D/P trousers that I've lived in since I outgrew all my pre-preg clothes.
They have 3 setting buttons for loosening them during pregnancy and two stretch panels.
The most comfy ones out there I think. :D

I went next clearance shop last week and they had no maternity at all :cry:

I've got Mothercare ones and they are awful! they are forever falling down!!! Winds me up! I couldn't get a smaller size otherwise they wouldn't go over my arse!

My favourite Jeans are £15 special's from BHS they are elasticated granny jeans - not maternity at all!!! :lol:

I found the hipsters very uncomfortable to wear and I was always having to pull them back up - even late on (but I definitely couldn't have worn a smaller size - as you say they dug in).

The over-the-bump ones look crap but are soooooo much more comfortable. I think that's the road I'll be going down this time

LBxx

I bought some hipster jeans with a bit elastic band for over the bump when I first grew out of normal jeans (12 weeks - but got twins in here so have a good excuse) and found them the most ANNOYING piece of clothing ever invented. They just keep falling down unil the crutch is halfway down my thigh! I even tried them on again last week (22 weeks) when I had a substantial bump and the same thing happened. Also, I did find the top of the jeans bit dug into the bottom of my bump when sitting down. These were from Jojo Mama Bebe and was £39 very unwell spent!

Since then I've bought a pair from H&M maternity with a similar band but for some reason these stay up - they are tighter round my thighs though, maybe that's helping.!

Most of the time I live in track pants coz they are very very comfy and warm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back