maternity trousers

nikkif

Reaction score
Hi all

I am now needing to wear maternity clothes and got some work trousers from DP which seemed fine but when i wore them they constantly need pulling up!! its so annoying-they are the type with elastic in the waist. I have a pair of over bump ones from mothercare but didnt think i needed those yet till i was a bit bigger.

ALso i have only 1 pair of maternity jeans which again seemed fine when i tried then on but they keep falling down too.

ANy advice anyone as i need to look smart for work and its really annoying!!

xx

I have found this too! I have a couple of pairs of trousers from DP and am constantly showing my knickers off in them :roll:

well I haven't managed to find a pair of actually smart maternity trousers, but I am kind of making it up as I go along... Ive bought some smart black and grey nike tracksuit bottoms. Kind of fitted with a bootflare.

I pair these with long fitted tops and smart leather trainers. Seems to do the trick till Im big enough to be able to hold up a pair of maternity trousers!

tis sooo hard being smart AND pregnant isnt it!

xx

Peacocks have smart black trousers, I am wearing a pair right now!!

I am finding they fall down a bit too, but these have adjustable elastic, so are not as bad as some I tried on. the elastic has holes all the way along, and you kind a pull it out, and put a button through the hole where you want it.

I have had a nightmare with trousers I tried the ones with the extendable elastic and find I am pulling them up a lot I also got a pair from mothercare that sits kindof on the bump their not too bad as I'm getting bigger they're a bit small and tend to slip down below the bump so I roll them now so they stay below the bumb but don't fall down as badly.

I got 2 pairs from Next last week one were terrible they had the rib in the sides and just didn't stay up i can't stand belts atm so they had to go back but the other pair are brilliant. They are white linen and have thick elastic that goes all the way around and sits under the bump they are so comfortable and don't fall down at all I would definitely recomend them. You have to order online or from the catalogue.

Oh my, I don't like the sound of that - I've been postponing buying maternity trousers for a while now. Nothing seems to fit me! They are all so big! I didn't put any additional weight on (other than my stomach and even my stomach isn't that big) and all of the maternity trousers are too big. On the other side, because of my stomach, all of the 'normal trousers' are too small...I am currently living in my tracksuit bottoms! My in-laws are taking us out for a meal in two weeks time and I have no idea what to wear! I can't really show up in my tracksuit bottoms! Oh, it is so frustrating! :wall:

this whole trouser business sounds like a nightmare!!! I'm just starting to show, and need to find some black 'suit' type trousers for work...

I have some very comfy navy 'yoga pants' with a nic elasticated waist, but work weren't too happy with the idea of me wearing them for work...

One thing i have found tho (and this may sound odd) is that my fella's trousers seem to fit quite well at the moment!!

If anyone does manage to find some nice snug maternity trousers, please let me know!

Thanks

Lizzie

I got some from DPs and I pulled them up slightly so that they were over my bump and then adjusted them. Now they stay up all day. Jeans I got from funmum.com and I do the same with them. Other than those 2 things, I've not got any other bottoms that fit so I've bought a few skirts in much bigger sizes (normally a 6, last skirt I got is a 14)

I am glad to hear that everyone else finds these trousers a pain! I have been pulling mine up all day and if I don't they gradually keep on falling down. I have tightend the belt a bit more to keep them up. The over the bump ones are better but not at this early stage. Ones with elastic all the way around are better but tend to be just jogging bottom types. New Look have some nice cotton skirts in at the moment, I have a green one and I think they have it in bright pink, its really comfy and will be great when its hot with some flat ballet shoes.

I'm planning on using braces....if I can find any!

If you can wear your tops over your trews then they are perfect!

I'll need them at work as the Ambulance Service Uniform provider is notorious for being extremely slow at sending out our uniforms!

xxx

glad its not just me struggling!! Am going shopping at the weekend so will let u know if i have any success

x

I got a couple of pairs of trousers from H&M, they were in the sale so they were a pretty good buy (and comfy)

I got some fabulous trousers from Melba Maternity. They are designed to fit right through the pregnancy and they have certainly stayed up. You can order them online or through the NCT.

Hi Guys

I had this problem, spent a while wearing the next size up (non-maternity) and keeping them up with a belt, but they fit in all the wrong places and just make me look like a sack of potatoes. Anyway... looked all over for maternity trousers that fit and they seem to be made for women who are 7 months plus PG! Really struggled to find good in-between trousers. THEN...

Walked past New Look in Manchester and noticed they did a maternity range... and the trousers are a pefect fit! Don't know if it's because I've always associated NL sizes as more for teenagers, but I bought my usual size ( 8 ) and they were a lovely fit, best I've found - AND only £10 full price!!! Worth checking out...?

XX

I got a selction, but most of the elasticated waist ones were too big to start off with - I had some from H&M which went around bump and they were much better and are perfectly smart for work. Now bump is huge the elasticated ones have come into their own, particulalrt as I struggle to do up the button on the on the bump ones as I can't reach across bump to get to it! I also got a selection of non-maternity dresses with empire lines (just got a size or two bigger) and they still fit fine and look fashionable. All of the girls i the office are complaining that this seasons tops all look like maternity wear! Hubbys tops also fit nicely for staying in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back