question about fundal height at 28 week check.

flopsybunny

Reaction score
I had my 28 week check this morning and midwife said all seemed ok, but when I look at my notes, my fundal height was 27cm and just under the average line on the graph. Is this anything to be concerned about or is it normal? I want her to be growing properly!

Xx

Forgot to add that I have the consultant on friday so they will hopefully check won't they?

Xx

The only way they can tell that your baby wouldn't be going properly is by scanning you and monitoring growth that way. I dont think the fundal height measurement counts for much x

Perhaps the consultant will scan me on friday. I hope so, just to check all is ok.

Xx

they wont scan you for a week behind well i doubt they will anyway

at my 28 week check i only measure 23 weeks but my baby is growing fine by the scan :)

Yup, I've consistently measured at least 3 weeks behind and my MW has always been happy with that, she thinks I'm just going to have a little-ish baby. I think the concern comes if your fundal height does not increase after growing steadily. It's quite a rudimentary way to measure growth, I think and can be different if you are measured by different people. Am sure it's fine and hope this helps.

If its 2cm either way (too big or too small) they send you for a scan so don't worry dear I am sure you and baby will be good :) xx

At my 31 wk appt, I had only grown 1 cm since my wk 28 appt, so I was sent for a growth scan - although this was mainly due to her position being lying across, meaning the mesurements were prettty useless!
She has still only just crept onto the bottom line of my chart - no where near the average line, so I wouldnt worry too much! I have another mw appt tomorrow, and she has moved back to lying sideways, so my bump has literally shrunk again - can see another scan coming!
So dont worry, it can vary so much.
x

i dnt think the measurments mean too much as my last pregnancy i was told my baby was going to be small cause of my measurments and my son was a nice healthy 9pounds so dnt worry to much x

Thanks girls - its good to know that it is probably normal.

Xx

They say two weeks behind or two weeks ahead is totally normal as its the same with your due date really as baby can come anytime in them 4 weeks, if its over or under by 3 weeks then they genrally scan you and check xxx

Had my consultant appointment just now. He measured me as 28cm and did a quick scan as well. Was amazing to see the difference from the earlier scan. He said all seems to be ok. Thank god!! I have to go back in 6 weeks there.

She was still head down as well. Will she stay like that now until she is born?

Xx

Glad everything is ok hun :)

Baby will be able to turn a little more before running out of room in a few weeks.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back