fundal height 1 week behind

chelsea

Reaction score
hiya

my fundal height has been a week behind what the scans dated me at every midwife appt, what is more accurate for how far gone i am? i assume the scans but also, does having the fundal height one week behind mean a small baby? ive been eating right, dont drink or smoke anyway and havent done anything as far as i know to cause baby to be small (thought i doubt in labour i will mind a small baby!)

i know that this is probably a really stupid question but i had to ask as i want to know :oops:

fundal hieght measurment is very inaccurate so i wouldnt worry, they only tend to worry if your like 3-4 weeks out by your dates, it could just be the way the baby is laying so dont worry hun :hug:

well at the moment baby has decided to lie transverse so im hoping she spins!!

the midwife hasnt seemed worried or anything i just forget to ask these things when im in the office then come out and think of a million and one things!

that could well be why your measuring small then chick, im the same though go in with a million and one questions and come out asking none of them.

Tbh i dont think fundal hieght can give a clear indication whether or not your baby is small or big, i measured exact for my dates all the way with hope and she was 9lb 8 when she was born, a massive chunk. lol

Fundal height is not a good indication of baby size tbh. I'd take it with a pinch of salt and not worry. It varies from person to person when being measured also. Its far from an exact science.

FWIW I was measuring one week ahead from 28 weeks. My LO popped out at almost 10lb just after his due date.

cool, thanks, i guess its just cause i didnt know any of this before!! and i know that its supposed to measure about right, but i didnt know that it wasnt an indication of baby size.

thanks everyone :D

Yeah, our little one started measuring 2weeks behind soon after the 20week scan. The last month or so he was measuring 4weeks behind! :shock: Different midwives measuring each time. So they sent me for a growth scan the week before I was due and it turned out I was only 2 weeks behind still :roll: but they weren't bothered because everything else looked fine and I have a petite build anyway so they expected baby to be between 6 & 7lbs...not a big 'un :)

As it is he popped out safe and sound 5days over due with a nice mop of hair and weighing in at 6lbs 8oz :D
So nothing to worry about :hug:

ive been measuring 2-3 weeks bigger at each appointment and yesterday they did say baby is a very nice size for 30 weeks, with my first i was measuring 2 weeks bigger but she was only 7lb 10oz. as the others have said i would'nt worry as most of the time fundal height is not correct

My fundal height was measuring a good couple of weeks behind when I was pregnant with lil miss, so much so that if I wasn't having regular scans all showing a big baby, my midwife was going to send me to the hospital as an emergancy ... lil miss popped out weighing nearly 9lbs... :rotfl: my friend was measuring a good couple of weeks ahead and her baby popped out just under 8lbs so it has no indication tbh.

Its true, its not accurate. My friend recently gave birth to a 6lber, she measured 2 weeks ahead all the time :lol:

Im measuring 4 weeks behind yet had a growth scan and she is perfect! Its more the way she is lay! And as you said shes transverse then that would explain it ! You haven't got her butt pushing the uterus up heehee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back