Fundal Height and movement

littleem

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been for my 30 week antenatal appointment this morning, and when she measured the fundal height the midwife wrote 28-30 weeks, is this normal???

Also heard the heartbeat really clear and baby seemed happy, but its not been kicking as much the last day or two, do you think everything is okay because i;'ve heard heartbeat???

My fundal height has been small for weeks it is always 1 - 2cm under. Last week when I went to see my consultant he measured me and I was measuring 29cm at 31 weeks.

TBH i'm a bit skeptical about this way of measuring.

If you are worried about baby's movement then give your midwife a ring and tell her. Or try a cold or fizzy drink to see if that makes it move.
Mine sometimes has really quiet days and I worry then goes mental for a few days and doesn't stop.

If the movements seem less hun, count them for a while as they do say 10 movements in 12 hours.

if you still feel worried give midwife another ring to reassure yourself.

I always measure in at 2cms behind, midwife is never concerned :)

I currently measure at 5cm ahead :shock:

I have heard they're not that accurate. I'm hoping so anyway! :hug:

my midwife said you can be up to 5 cm over or under before they have any concerns.

As for the not moving, maybe he/she's just having a quiet couple of days, they do tend to go in phases...is there a particular time of day when yours is usually a lot more active? sometimes mine will be quiet all day but then kick off at bedtime as usual

Yeh its normally at night but last night or two its not moved as much or very little. i'm wondering if its because theirs less space for the baby to move

It could be that the baby has less room to move. Some days though if i am busy I don't always notice him moving or kicking. Have you just been really tired at night and gone straight to sleep and not noticed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back