Small Fundal Height Measurements?

Jaidy

Reaction score
Was going through my maternity notes earlier and just realised that at my last check up I was 33+3 and the MW put my fundal height measurement down as 32 weeks!!

Im a bit concerned about this to be honest, have I got anything to worry about?? I often hear of bigger fundal height measurements but not small ones? :think:

Hi Jaidy

I shouldn't worry too much if the midwife didn't comment on it! My consultant told me that a few days either side of your measurements didn't make much difference - have you had another measurement since then?

My midwife has said as long as your growth remains steady it doesn't really matter what size you measure as the charts are just average estimations.... so if you have a few measurements look at the shape they form and it should be similar to the one printed ie) a slow curve upwards..... :wink:

Babies have growth spurts jaidy so don't worry.

if its measuring ok now it shouldn't be a worry. Its only ever serious if its more than maybe 3 weeks smaller/bigger than it should be for a few weeks running.

Mine was consistantly 2 weeks bigger and i had a ten pounder!

nothing atall to worry about hun, i was told that it can be lower or higher by 3 weeks before its any thing worth worrying about

I just had a nose at my notes and all midwife has put in mine is D?!

Hiya, mine was exactly the same. I measured too small for about 9 weeks so my midwife sent me for scan which was really worrying. However, the baby was completely fine. The lady who did the scan said that there wasn't much fluid around the baby which wasn't a problem as long as i wasn't leaking any and that i just had good stomach muscles. In fact she said the baby was slightly bigger than average, so please don't worry coz i really don't think it matters what you measure as everyone carries differently :D

Mine is measuring 3 weeks bigger and she wasn't bothered by that.

Thanks girls, seems measuring 1 week too small isnt a problem then.

Il see what I measure Monday when I see the MW again!

You have all put my mind at ease, thanks again everyone, sometimes I wonder where id be without the fourm.

Hi Jaidy

I wouldnt worry. If your midwife was worried she would send you for a scan. Mine dont seem to worry about height. I was measured yesterday when I was 35 weeks and she said it was mesuring 39. I am praying my dates are wrong but she probably is big as she was 4 and a half pound at 31 weeks.

Hope your OK

Hannah X

My midwife only messures if I say I think im to small, she has done it twice so far. Im there again next week so ill ask her to do it again then

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back