Question about CB Digi's

Naomi D

Reaction score
I got my faint :bfp: on the weekend, but af isnt due til wednesday, so Im still a little scared that it may not stick....anyhoo, I was wondering, if the line was qute faint (but deffo there!) would a CB digi pick it up yet? I dont want to be disappointed with a 'not pregnant', but I also want to test with something other than an e-bay cheapie. Im 12 dpo atm :)

What do you girls think?

I read that they can be used to detect pregnancy because they test for both LH and estradiol and estradiol should continue to rise with pregnancy instead of dropping again if your period occurred.

Although that implies it will only give a positive after a missed period.

I only found that they test for estradiol on a couple of sites though, none of them being clearblue sites but i figure that they wouldn't want you to know that with them selling pregnancy tests.

Hi Louise, do you mean the opk digi's? I was thinking of getting a CB Hcg digi test?

i got a faint line on the thursday and i used the CB digital on the sunday (so 3 days apart).
the line on the thursday was really faint as well.
good luck xx

I used a cb digi hpt (not opk) two days before period and got 'not pregnant'. I then used another one the day period was due and got another 'not pregnant' yet here I am 39 weeks later! I would honestly wait until your due, easier said than done I know, as it broke my heart to see those words!

:O N

wow!
ur cycle is the same as mine isnt it? x

I got a 'pregnant' on a cbd 3 days b4 af was due,but after my scan i realised I must have ov'd slightly earlier in my cycle so I think it depends on ur cycle xx

Thanks girls, yes I think you're right Helen, it would break my heart to get a 'not pregnant', especially as I've got my faint lines already, I may wait til the weekend for the digi, and maybe just get a FR test today? Im just a bit worried as I've done 3 tests with e-bay cheapies, and they've all had faint lines, but I just dont know how much I can trust the cheap tests?

Emma - that sounds positive...I know when I ov'd and Im now 12 dpo, so maybe it would work for me? I shall see what the price difference is, as Im a bit skint at the mo...
Mummy - yep, we're in the same boat! I heard you got a faint line too! Congrats!

Hi Hun,

I really hope this is it for you! xx

Here's some info about the tests strengths/sensitivities-

Apparently, if a woman is pregnant, the amount of hCG in her system should be around 25 mIU at 10 dpo (days past ovulation), 50 mIU at 12 dpo, 100 mIU at around two weeks dpo.

On average a woman's HCG levels double every 30 hours. Non-pregnant women have HCG levels of 5.

-First response early tests (up to 6 days before AF) 12.5 mIU

-Boots own pregnancy tests 25 mIU

-Clearblue 25 mIU

-Hospital non-branded HCG tests 100 mIU

Also remember some women don't produce enough hCG until 3 weeks after their period is due so don't give up hope of pregnancy if AF hasn't arrived and you still get a BFN.

Hope this helps xxx

Last edited:
Thanks maybe, thats really helpful :) The cheapie tests I have are 10 mIU, but are still very faint, so maybe the other branded tests wouldn't pick it up yet?

I got a pregnant 1-2 on a clearblue digi at 12dpo, good luck!

Maybe not hun, it's a bit of a gamble isn't it if you do it and get a BFP then you will be buzzing and if you get a BFN you'll worry.

Let me know what you decide? xx

Thanks girls! I have to pop to the post office in a bit, so I'll see what tests they have in Wilkinsons and let you know. I will have trouble saving it til the morning tho, if I see a stick I just have to wee on it!

ohhh N

I hope its for you i really do :) xx
am not getting my hopes up now! cos am stuck in a rut
says ur testing day is 6 days from now?

so if thats the case ill test then haha! if af hasnt got me before then :mad:

Yeah, last month I had a really long cycle - 38 days, but Im back to a normal 28 days this month (not sure what happened last month?) I didn't change my ticker tho. Im gonna wait til the morning, and test again with a FR I just got :)

Hi Naomi,
I did a cheapy from ebay 4 days before AF due which was a very very faint poss to dashed out and bought a CB dig HPT for the next morning to use with FMU and it came up Pregnant 3 days before AF xx

I waited till about a week and hlf over my period due date since mine were all over the place to use the digital ones btu then again I only did one of them because the cheap ones were sending my head funny and i was in denial lol x I'd wait hunny till you know your overdue then at least the hormones will be abit more stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back