Q about waking in the night..

katie05

Reaction score
Did you help you lo to drop the nightfeed? im asking as my little girl is 12 week now and from day one has woke once in the night. (Which was much better than her big brother!) Anyway, for the past few weeks she goes to bed at 7 and wakes around 4 and has 4oz but then she doesnt want her morning bottle.

Do you think i should try and discourage the nightfeed now as its affecting her morning feed. Ive heard of people offering water etc but is that a bit mean?

I really dont mind getting up for her nightfeeds its just the fact that she has no interest in the morning one.

Thanks.xx

I know LO was BF so don't know if this applies...but we had the same thing, he'd have 30 mins at about 4/5am and then not be so interested in morning feed, I just reduced the time gradually each night feed until one night he just didn't wake up. I'm sure someone will come along with a better answer than me but in short my experience was that I just gradually reduced the feed at 4am and gradually increased the morning feed so that he was still getting the same amount of food roughly throughout the day just not at 4am, if that makes sense.

Anyway hope it works out soon for you hun :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back