Waking in the night

luvbunsazzle

Reaction score
Im so stressed with what to do now. Rosie has recently got really bad with nights, waking every 2 hours, she has never done that since she was born, or only done it on the odd occasion when unwel.

She slept through on Saturday night, but then was awake from 1am till 4am Friday night, and then last night again from 10pm till 2am???

Her sleeping pattern isn't consistant anymore and im so confused as what to do for the best with her.

How old is she?

Twins started waking in the past few weeks,but they're definately teething. They don't stay awake at all,they just whinge and suck on their fists,blankets etc

Last edited:
:( I think they either go through bouts of teething or its growth spurts.

I still get these with Katie every few months but she still has 3 teeth to cut through :(

If you think its teeth perhaps paracetamol before bed ? :hug:

My Caitlin did this too - How old is Rosie? Shes always been a fab sleeper then all of a sudden wakening every handful of hours I think she was about 15 months give or take (I have forgot) - lasted a couple of weeks then her back teeth started showing so I'm sure that was it.

We tried nightlights, different duvets/blankets the lot!

Does she have a dummy for bed? My Caitlin has dummys for bed only (unless she robs Megans) we gave her a dummy for her mouth and one for her hand as comfort and that works with her too. Make sure she has a drink right before bed oh and a pillow seemed to make her more comfy too (I was always scared of pillows in the cot).

Thanks girls

I contemplated with the teething idea, as she is showing alot of the signs, she has 8 already, which caused her no bother, so wondering weather it may be the back ones. She hadn't been well for 2 weeks, then last week, she was back to he usual health again, but still with the waking.

Rosie is 11 months hun. She has a dummy all day and through bed too, i did wonder about trying to change it to just nap times and bedtimes, but wasn't sure if it would be wise or not? Drink as in milk? The doctor said to give her a pillow but like you i was a little put back, so might try that too, she does seem to have a fetish with pillows.

As for blankets and what not's, she doesnt have any, i didnt know weather or not she was allowed them. She has vest, sleepsuits, sleeping bags, she's always warm enough, but didnt know when or if she would be allowed duvets or blankets in her cot as she is a fidget in her sleep....

Thaks again for all your help

You are welcome hun :flower:

Its really tiring and you often wonder how you got through the newborn stage :oooo:

:hug:

Oh I forgot to ask ...supper? Does she have supper? Someone else on here took up this idea and it's working!

Caitlin has a little cereal, ready brek or sometimes a muller rice x

No she doesn't have supper... What kind of time would you give that?

I can totally understand, my Lily has never slept through apart from the odd night back in the day. She's up 4+ times a night:wall:

I might try the supper thing, it's getting her interested though where I think I might have the issue- she's never been a great eater, unlike her mother!:whistle:

Hun hope you get some better sleep soon... I agree with Mamafy.... not sure how I coped when Lottie was a baby! Perhaps it is her next teeth to come through. My friend's little one really struggled with the molars!

Ooh Wobbles, by supper do you mean dinner? (like 6pm ish?)

I was raised in South Africa where we had breakfast, lunch and dinner (dinner being at 6/7pm) then moved here where you have breakfast, dinner and tea! (you don't wanna know how many times I arrived at a friends house expecting tea and cake! and was dissapointed by a spag bol! :D)

xxx

No she doesn't have supper... What kind of time would you give that?

Fit it in with her bedtime hun so say bed at 7 I'd do tea at 4 and supper at 6 or if its 8 add on an hour :) Its worth a try if nothing else but they do pass anyway :flower:

My Caitlin goes to bed at 8pm!

Brekkie
Lunch is about 11.30/12
nap
Dinner is any time from 3.30/4.30
Supper 7/7.30 tops

:)

Ah, I see...

Lottie currently eats breaky, lunch (around noon) and dinner at 6pm... but we're about to drop her afternoon bottle (the 3pm one) so I may be introducing a snack time type tea around then in the near future! Ta Wobbles and Mamafy!

Thanks for the thread luvbunsazzle, lots of good ideas! I hope some of them work for you and little one!

Ah your LO is same age as my youngest who is a nightmare lol She FLAPS really bad and wakes herself - still be swaddled most nights.

Megan is on 3 bottles a days (not long change this routine from 4)

Morning bottle - bottle if any left I mix with porridge and even break the rules zapping in microwave for 10 seconds! Short nap usually falls asleep in jumperoo when I go for a shower & Caitlin sticks baskets and toys on and around her :lol:
Lunch - around 12 with very diluted juice
Bottle - any time from 2/4 depending how long after bottle she wanted to have a nap
Dinner - any time from 5/6 half hour later (if not fallen alseep) half jar of pudding & very diluted juice offered
Last bottle - 9/10pm although if she clonks out she has a bottle really late if we wake her she won't have it *doh*! and back to sleep she goes until 6/7/8am!

Snacks in day offered ATM organic rice crackers and bread sticks which she lovessss!

Thanks Wobbles, we are exactly at the point where we need to drop a bottle (4 to 3) and knowing which one to drop is difficult. We follow a similar routine to you at the moment except that she's having a bottle around 11am (which I may drop now) and then her last bottle is 7:30 as she's in bed by 7:45

Thanks very much for info! luvbunsazzle.. sorry for hijacking your thread :flower:

Thanks girls, will try changing her routine to add in her supper.
Fingers crossed

Last night was a little better. 11pm and 4:30am, then through to 9am when i woke her up as got to go out soon.

Don't you wish they had a manual :D Just when you think you've sussed them, they go and change :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back