pushchair superstiton

nmf1987

Reaction score
is anyone not getting there pushchair delivered to there house.

my sister and mum have got this superstition that it is bad luck to have the pushchair in the house before the baby arrives. my sister kept hers at mother in laws until about 3 days after baby arrived.

i need mine so i can play around with it and get used to it.

all seems abit silly to me veryone else i know have theres delivered to them.
xxx:roll:

I kept mine in my car until I could get it to my Dad's. Me and Dad had a play with it and OH will be going to my Dad's to have a play before bubba gets here. I'm not going to have my buggy in my house until after I've had him.

so you have heard it before aswell then. i was thinking of maybe keeping it in the car. xxx

I'll be keeping mine in the baby's room once I get it :3 I'm not a very superstitious person..

To be honest its 75% superstition and 25% lack of room at the mo!

my MIL is determined that i shouldnt get it delivered to the house. its driving me mental., i just want my pram :(

Everytime I go to my Dads I ask him how my pushchair is! Can't wait to have my LO in it and to go for walks!

a never with my first cos uhear most people dont do it but will have it in the house this time x

Yeah I have a few friends who believe its bad luck as well. Load of rubbish! I have mine up in my living room till babys room is decorated! X

Mines coming the 5th may so will be at mine a few weeks, wudnt have it here earlyer then that tbf!!

i dont really know what to do. i dont believe in anything like that but also think because it's baby i would rather not risk it.

then again we have everyhting else in the house ready. xxx

i dont really know what to do. i dont believe in anything like that but also think because it's baby i would rather not risk it.

then again we have everyhting else in the house ready. xxx

Well either you do believe in superstition or you don't ....saying 'because it's baby I would rather not risk it' implies you are being superstitious!! I 've had mine at home for the last few weeks and have absolutely no concerns about it whatsoever. In fact I smile whenever i walk past it :) xx

that's the thing im not but mum and sister have made me all paranoid. was really looking forward to having it here so everything is here and ready now they have kinda out a downer on it and got stupid thoughts in my head. xxx

I've got mine here, I'm not superstitous at all and if something were to go wrong I don't think that in any state I could leap to the crazy supposition that the buggy was to blame (sorry if you are superstitious, I just think it's mad!).

Mine is bloody massive, weighs a ton and I can't figure out how to put it together and it doesn't fit in my car :blush: - quite a bit practice needed before bubs arrives methinks!

when i was pregnant with my daughter i bought the pram at 30 weeks and had it at home as no room at the inlaws. This time round i bought the pram 2 weeks ago and it has been sat in my lounge since then. I have nowhere else to put it

ive had my pram since about 16weeks (ish) its in the spare room, has been since we got it! we got it so early as it was such a good deal and we wouldnt have been able to affored it other wise!!! we dont use the room very often so it doesnt bother me, and tbh hadnt heard of it until a friend of ours mentioned it (she's also pregnant) i dont think it makes any difference where it is, youve still brought it!!!

I got mine delivered to the house and its up and iv been having a play with it I dont really believe in all that tho old wives tales n stuff I wanted to see it up and working b4 bubz comes along so im used to how it works when she arrives and I love it!!! x

Got mine about 4 weeks ago and been pushing it round my kitchen like a loon. I believe if something (God forbid) is going to happen, it will and it won't be because I put up my pushchair before baby was born at home. Same reason I'm more annoyed at the mess than anything else when I break a mirror!! Things like that don't bother me too much these days to be honest xx

My family have kept mine in the shop!!! They have said leave it there, i have told them i am bringing it home when i am about 35 week xxx

Last edited:
see i agree with you all. if something bad was to happen it would happen anyway.

just feel annoyed cos ive had any bad thoughts out of my head for ages and now they have put them bk. not just the pushchair thing but in general.

im like oh god what could hapen/ what if something bad does happen.

i know it's silly and its very doubtful anything will as everything has been fine. as i type this lo is giving me a reasurring kick but people saying stuff plays on my mind. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back