protein meal every day? so confused

Lynds77

Reaction score
when weaning, should at least 1 meal a day be meat based?

I have run out of food for her so today is a batch cooking day! I am doing broccoli and cauli in a cheese sauce and salmon mashed with carrot and tomato.

so for next few weeks she will be getting

Breakfast - porridge
lunch - broccoli &cauli in a cheese sauce + fromage frais
dinner - salmon & veggies + fruit pot

in between she will get some cheese sticks, strawberries, skips etc etc. Just wee things to play with and feed herself.

BUT, in order to make my batch cooking go further could I for instance give her

cooked apples&pears with cinnamon for lunch and broccoli for dinner? that would mean a day with no protein?

if I can get her eating eggs she will get one of them a couple of times a week for lunch with a fruit pot.

she is taking around 23oz of milk a day, so does it really matter what she eats before 1 year old?

One cup of chopped broccoli contains 5.7 grams of protein, one cup of cauliflower is 2.28 grams of protein so there's a heck of a lot of protein right there. There is actually a lot of protein in so many vegetables and fruits. So it would be quite difficult to have a meal with zero protein in it. I eat no meat and no fish. I eat more protein now than I did when I ate meat and fish. I wouldn't worry too much.

thank you!

she loves broccoli, I didnt realise it had protein in it!

she loved the salmon I cooked today (gagges on lumps but managed it) and LOVED LOVED LOVED the poached apples and pears mixed with cinnamon. (Thanks Hope for that idea!)

my freezer is now full again and I think i am quite happy with what I am giving her.

thanks. x

I do 2 days chicken, 2 days fish, 2 days beef /lamb 1 day pasta. (For lunch and the will eat blw style from my dinner at dinner time so a bit more protein per day)
Egg every other day (usually at dinner time together with what I am eating)

Today she will have for example
Breakfast: French toast and a fruit pot if she wants it (home made)
Lunch: fish with potatoes,zucchini,carrots, parsnip and peppers and tiny pastas inside to thicken up if needed plus raisins and plums and dry apricots for her to practice her pincher grip
Dinner: we are having chicken korma and rice and nan bread so she will eat from all that plus a yogurt if she still wants sth. (Usually when ate eats a blw dinner with us and our dinner dosent contain enough vegetables I fast boil or stir fry for her ready made cubes of frozen vegetables for her to try to pick along our dinner)

I am cooking tomorrow for all of us lamb stew so she will have that for lunch for the next 2 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back