New ideas please!

Esoames

Reaction score
I need some new meals for Isla. Now ten months old she eats everything except "baby" food.

Most lunches are either pancakes, cheese or jam sandwiches, or twirly pasta, with fruit pouches, yogurts and crisps.

Tea is things she can pick up like fish, chicken strips, cheese and broccoli nuggets, mini waffles, croquet potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, roast parsnips, cheese strips.

We put her food in a bowl and she helps herself, we keep adding bits as otherwise she throws it on the floor. When should she be trying to eat by herself with a spoon??

She loves fresh fruit as well as veg like cucumber strips, carrot and broccoli.

I suppose I'm worried her diet isn't varied enough. I'm back to work so I'm trying to make sure she will eat anything.

Thanks for reading
Emma
Xx

---
-

I'm hitting the same problem as you with needing new ideas. George does BLW for lunch and then TW for breakfast and dinner and does reach out to feed himself with the spoon but I reckon its more important that they happily eat different foods at this stage rather than how they eat them.

ive just done my asda shop and added chicken goujons (sp) turkey nuggets, and vegetable fingers. She loves fedding herself so im concerned that she is eating the same things over and over and might be getting bored xx

Anything I eat (I make things from scratch) Paige has.

So for lunch, its omlette or scrambled egg or a cheese sandwich or jam sandwich etc. Dinner is anything really, mainly chilli con carne, spag bol, soft cheese and pasta with bacon and brocolli, potato wedges (these are a favourite). I see alot of BLW as individual bits and bobs but honestly Ill shove anything in a bowl and give it to her, even cottage pie (its messy but she loves it).

Only very recently, maybe within the last 2 weeks, has Paige used her spoon properly. She wont eat without it now but for ages she'd only use her hand. Now she'll use her hand as a last resort. I found giving her baby metal spoons and forks really helped. She disliked the plastic stuff.

Only just seen this, thanks for replying :) I made her pasta and sauce the other day and she enjoyed it. Ive been scared of doing messy things but I should just go for it!!

Emma x

---
-

Lilly does BLW apart from lunch when I feed her but that's only because she can't use a fork herself, lol. She has exactly the same as we have, everything from risotto to roast dinners, all I do is cut it up with a knife and fork. She loves trying new stuff and will eat anything I give her, lol. She has no trouble with big chunks thanks to her new toothy pegs :D

Xxx

I was trying to think of things the other day. Charley will eat anything mashed but won't eat proper foods but I've realised he's being lazy! He won't eat things himself for long but if I cook proper meals but cut it up small and feed it to him he'll eat it so I've been giving him everything I eat!
He's had hotdog sausages, chips, spagetti hoops, spag Bol. That sounds so unhealthy but he does eat loads of fruit!!

I made Sophia scrambled egg with cheese this evening and it was a major hit!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back