protein in wee???????

grace

Reaction score
i went for my appt at the hospital on tues and had my scan, as i posted about. i forgot to ask you all this.......

the lady who tested my wee said that there was trace protein in my urine and that it needed sending off for further testing. what are they testing for? a week earlier it was fine and now im all freaked out!!

what is it all about

I have had protein in my wee quite often, mainly when i have been to appointments and not eaten enough or anything so its not always something to worry about. They are just checking it for any infection is all, the majority of the time its just something that happens. If you do have an infection then they will treat you with antibiotics.

Please try not to worry about it. :)

what kind of infection? water? getting paranoid now.... :shock:

and they told me not to have any breakfast befor i weed in the bottle! so whats that all about!!

Thats odd telling you not to have breakfast, you will probably find that is why you have protein in your wee then.

They will be checking for a water infection yes. A water infection is easily cleared.

In my maternity notes, it says that the presence of protein in urine could indicate urinary infection, diabetes or pre-eclampsia.

They are checking for water infection every time the woman sticks mine in the pot it shows protein on the coloured stick thingy then they send it away and its fine?? Dont worry chick but do chase it up cos they are muppets for not letting you know!!! I'd give it 5 days :hug:

Exact same happened to me Grace - I went to hospital and they tested with their wee stick thing and it said protein but when it went to get tested properly it was fine. I don't think the quick tests work very well so try not to worry x

I have just had this as well, they took a sample to see if any growths would grow and it hasnt, so i have no water infection, but best they keep an eye on it they say

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back