Protein at MW appointment...

Becc

Reaction score
I went to see the midwife yesterday... this is only the third time I have been and the second time I had my urine tested. Last time she said there was a trace of protein in my sample... I know that this can be if you have some discharge down below and it gets mixed in so this time I purposely had a bath right before appointment and had a good scrub.. ahem... down there :oops:

Well, it still came up with a trace of protein but the midwife didn't really say anything about it and now I'm confused as to whether this is normal or not :? I'm scared that I'm going to get pre-eclampsia or something as I've had protein in my urine both visits and have no signs of a UTI. Can anybody offer any advice or had something similar?? :think:

If its only trace you'll be fine, they'll just keep an eye on it. Its when you have protein coupled with high blood pressure that they may send off for testing.

I've had trace protein in my urine at my last 3 MW appoints - too many sugary snacks methinks!!

Ive had protein in my urine all the way through hun but its only +1 which they dont worry about.

The last 3 apts I havent had protein though :)

They will panic if you are swollen, have high blood pressure etc etc or if u have high amounts of protein in ya wee wee :)

xxxxx

I've also had protein in my wee all the way through. I had pre-eclampsia last time with Tom but that's not an issue at the moment. They will only start to worry if I start to get any of the other pre-eclampsia symptoms along with the protein.

Don't worry :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back