glucose tolerance test

indie78

Reaction score
got to have one on 8th jan- sugar, ketones and protein in urine when it was checked at midwife appt today

knew i would need one- tested urine myself last week (Im a nurse) and urine was very high on sugar then. do hope Im not gonna get gestational diabetes

on plus side my size is right for dates so hopefully will be ok!

Aw GOOD LUCK :hug: I have to do this test next Friday but was told baby is the right size as well.

did they pick up sugar in your urine too?
you'll have to let me know how you get on- hopefully it will be negative for both of us!

i have to have this at 28 weeks in feb as there is diabetes on both sides of the family.

Hope you get on ok

Best of luck for the tests everyone! :hug:

i have to have it in jan too. my eldest and youngest brothers are both insulin dependent diabetics. what exactly is involved? iv been trying not to think about it!

you have to fast, only bale to drink water, overnight for 12 hours
then you have a blood test, drink the glucose drink, wait in the dept for 2 hours, then they take more blood
gonna be a long 2 hours i think!

has anyone else had sugar in urine but its turned out to be nothing?

I have to have the test too on 20th jan as my last baby was 9lb 10oz.

indie78 said:
did they pick up sugar in your urine too?
you'll have to let me know how you get on- hopefully it will be negative for both of us!

Yes hun twice. Did a blood test the day after the second time, and it came out negative though. But doc still wants me to do the OGTT test just to be on the safe side. Will let you know as soon as I get the result hopefully not later than next week :pray:

I had this test done last fri, it was fine! the hardest thing was drinking... a pint (nearly) of lucozade... fizzy, yuck!!! on an empty stomach at 9am, i had to drink it within 10mins... go away for 2hrs and strictly do NOTHING... easy peasy :lol: then go bk.. just waiting for the results now.

Fingers crossed

hay hun i had a + for sugar with my wee last time i went i have found every time i eat something sweety or chcolaty for a few days before it comes up with +'s however if you drink loads a few days before the app and don't eat anything too sugary you should be ok :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back