Protein in Urine??

littlebump

Reaction score
I had my MW appointment today and everything went well - blood pressure good, baby's heartbeat was great!! All blood tests good including good iron levels.

But I had quite a lot of protein in my urine. Has anyone else had this? MW said she'd send it off to be tested at the lab. Do you know what they test for?

I had a tummy bug a couple of days ago and told MW this so she said it might be that, so I'm trying not to worry :( . Never had this in my last pregnancy so I actually don't know what it means.

LBxx

I have had protein in my wee the last two times it has been checked, the first time the hospital said it could be an infection and that the would call me if they needed to put me on antibiotics and this time the midwife said it could be to do with the fact that i am not eating properly but she is sending it off just to make sure that the hospital checked it the first time round.

I had some protien in my wee when i was in hosp .doc asked me if i had any pain weeing so assume he thought it might be infection but prolly coz i hadn't eaten.

Sometimes its nothing, my MW told me that your kidney function a little differently during PG and can cause the protein in your urine.

Alternatively it could be a sign of a UTI, which is what they will be looking for.

i always had protein before and after pregnancy in urine mine is just normal for me(must have crapy kidney or something??!!), but it can also mean a uti i wouldnt worry too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back