Protein in urine

xxClaire_24xx

Reaction score
hi everyone went to see the midwife today as i thought that I had another UTI as i kept feeling like i was really bursting for a pee then when I go a dribble comes out not amusing in the middle of the night!!!

anyway the midwide said that cause I just stopped antibiotics on sat for a UTI that this was probably a little more serious done a urine sample for her and there was load of protein in it so she sent me to the doctors and I have more antibiotics and if this doesnt cleat the symptoms up they are going to look in to it further??

has anyone else had this?? thanks xx

Hiya,no I haven't had it,all I know is that protein in the urine is a sign of pre-eclampsia x

Are you drinking enougth?

Hope you get this sorted soon X

hi yeah protein in mid to late pregancy is a sign of pre enclamsia but was wondering what it meant in earlier pregnancy

and yeah I drink lots of water and cranberry jusice is one of my fav drinks so drink that alot, hopefully it clears soon xx

hi there im actually 2nd trimester but saw ur post and thought id reply, protein in early pregnancy is usually a sign of a UTI or worst case a kidney infection, good thing is though they have seen it early on and shouldnt be a problem at all, just keep sending urine samples in with each check up to keep on top and if it is kidney related you will get tablets no harm to baby at all.
i was told i had protein in my urine several times with my 1st and now again with my 2nd, both times fine and nothing was picked up. its just a precaution they take. now this might be tmi but if any discharge gets into your urine sample that can higher the protein levels, so my advice is to give a urine sample from your mid pee and not start, as we all know one of the not so nicer parts of pregnancy is the increased discharge.

good luck and dont worry this is common and its a good thing they take notice.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back