Protein in my Urine

ShineyHappyPeople

Reaction score
The midwife said I had protein in my urine and it may be a kidney infection or something like that and she didn't seem overly concerned which is good. But isn't that a symptom of pre-eclampsia? Anyone else have this?

It's probably just mild cystitis and nothing to worry about. I get cystitis all the time, but a couple of years ago it spread to my kidneys as a full blown kidney infection and was really painful! Terrible backache and a fever but eventually it went with anti-biotics. I'm sure the protein will just be a uti and not a sign of pre-eclampsia as I'm sure your midwife will have said something otherwise. :hug:

Actually, it was only last week I had to have anti-biotics for a uti and was told all was fine. Is it painful? x

LittleMe said:
It's probably just mild cystitis and nothing to worry about. I get cystitis all the time, but a couple of years ago it spread to my kidneys as a full blown kidney infection and was really painful! Terrible backache and a fever but eventually it went with anti-biotics. I'm sure the protein will just be a uti and not a sign of pre-eclampsia as I'm sure your midwife will have said something otherwise. :hug:

Actually, it was only last week I had to have anti-biotics for a uti and was told all was fine. Is it painful? x

Its not sore at all but I've had a kidney infection before without any major pain - just an uncomfrtable feeling in my sides. This time I don't really feel anything so I doubt its that :think:

When i was in hospital i had this, they told me to try and drink more fluids to help my kidneys break down waste faster or something, hope your ok :) xx

cranberry juice too SHP, and lots of fluid to help the kidneys xxxx

I've got protein in my wee too. It can be a sign of an infection.

I had pre eclampsia with Tom and was induced at 38 weeks because of it. I don't know much about it in early pregnancy, I thought it was only a problem near the end.

:hug: :hug:

Hi hun - yes protein is a symptom of pre-eclampsia, but it is also a marker for infection. Protein levels would have to be very high before you would be diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and you would also have to have high blood pressure and swelling of the body - sometimes pain in the area of the liver (upper right hand side) and visual disturbances or headaches.

I had pre-eclampsia with Naomi :roll:

I also had a trace of protein in the urine last week so they sent my urine off to the lab in case I had a water infection.

Hope this helps
Sue

i'd get to the docs hun just incase your doc might want to put you on antibiotics just to be safe, it sounds like you could have a infection :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back