Proper diet

adele88

Reaction score
So I am 10 weeks pregnant i think roughly anyway hehe.

What i was wondering was whats the best foods to eat whilst being pregnant. I want to lose all the weight after the pregnancy so dont want to stuff my face with alot of rubbish lol and also how easy is it to lose the weight after pregnancy.

Hi :)

Eating a healthy diet is a good start and drinking plenty of water.

Iron rich foods are good and will help combat tiredness so things like eggs, meat, fortified cereals will help :)

basically you only need an extra 500 calories in late pregnancy. So an extra sandwich, piece of fruit and glass of milk should do it :) Plus it's healthy too.

Getting pregnancy weight off will depend how much you put on.

In my first pregnancies I put on no more than 2-2 1/2 stone ( With a starting weight of about 8 stone) and was back in size 10 jeans within 3 weeks!

The last 2 children were different, I was 9 stone (went up to 13 stone) and 10 stone (went up to 13 stone 3) to start with, so it took me alot longer :(

Loads of water, making sure you get your 5 a day from a variety of things (i.e. not just 5 apples!) Avoiding refined sugar like sweets and sugary drinks. Theres some controversy about sweeteners too so you might wanna research that before just buying 'diet' fizzy drinks, although they wont pile on the pounds. Make sure youre eating enough carbs but you can do things like switch from white bread to granary which releases sugars more slowly and the same with white rice to brown rice. Have enough dairy too cos baby is building bones. Grill your meat instead of frying. Its all little things you can do really to be generally healthy.

Also walk for half an hour a day at a fast pace ( but dont get overheated) Im gonna look into pregnancy yoga. My mum reckons squats are good to do becasue if you can maintain a squating position for giving birth its a really good position as long as your muscles are built up for it!

You will gain weight but it doesnt need to be fat! My OH and I are trying really hard to adopt a healthy eating lifestyle cos we want our little one to have healthy attitude to food. We dont buy crisps or biscuits anymore, we've been having a full fruit bowl and buying things like crackers and breadsticks instead of crisps.

Good luck!

thanks for the advice
I really want to eat healthy to so i dont pile on the pounds lol. I wasnt sure if eating completely healthy as long as you are eating enough in a day is wrong lol. or wheter you need some intake of fat lol. I am going to write up a schedule for example which foods i should eat and which foods i shoudlnt eat then exercises aswell i want to be fit and healthy during my pregnancy and not gain to much weight after giving birth...

yes i should start walking places too i get really lazy because my bfs drive and takes me everywhere lol need to start moving and stop being lazy

i am trying my best 2 eat healthy but is not going well lol with my other two children i put on 4 stone with each and joined slmming world groups after each birth 2 get myself back into my size 10 clothes i do lose the weight fast if i stick to it 4 stone in 14wks last time but its really hard work and i didnt want 2 have 2 do it for the 3rd time. but as soon as i get pregnant i start eatting and cant stop i fancy things that arent that good for me aswel. hoping after i have had my 12wk scan and everything is hopefully fine i can 2 start healthy eattin and keep sum weight of this time

i would def say dont over worrybecause u should enjoy your pregnancy and their is alot to worry about apart from eight gain. but i have had an eating disorder in th past so i have to think like that else i might get really worried lol.

buttt, loads of fruit and veg, plenty of healthy carbs like jacket potaoes and pasta type meals. also yoghurts, milkshakes and cheesey things :)

Already mentioned about iron but that's an important one. Green, leafy vegetables have lots of iron and vit C helps you to absorb the iron better so drinking orange too helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back