Weight

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
Last time I was PG, I put on a lot of weight, and I haven't lost much of that weight since. :oops: I want to make sure I don't put the weight on this time (and if possible try and lose a bit but I certainly don't want to risk the pregnancy). Does anybody have any advice? I have resisted joining any diet clubs but wondering if I should? Or should I ask the Dr of they can advice a diet?

Thanks

Hi

I have heard that weight watchers can work out a special daily points value for pregnant ladies and i have done ww and it was very successful and easy. Maybe look into that? It certains helps knowing how bad for you certain things are!

Good luck :hug:

I think both WW and SW do diets for pregnant women hun. I put on over 4 stone in last pregnancy and still carrying 3 of that now :oops: so I'm determined not to pile on the weight this time too although I havent joined a slimming club :hug:

I think just trying to eat everything in moderation and you'll be ok :)

Pregnant women are supposed to have around 2300 calories a day, so if you just watch the calories you should be ok :) Remember lots of fruit and veggies, lots of water and everything in moderation.

Also if you can try going for a brisk walk for 20-30 minutes a day.

I really enjoy swimming - perhaps you can try that as well.

As said earlier in thread walkings great (even in the cold) perhaps go to the park and feed the little squirrels and ducks.

WW sadly won't allow you even to weigh in if your pregnant.. and have no plans for pregnant women.. according to their HQ, cos i rang and asked and also asked my local leaders.. :(.. BUT.. SW is reccomended by the midwives society thingy, cos i asked.. lol.. and they have a special booklet for women who are breast feeding or pregnant..
I was originally doing the Cambridge Diet, but when i found out i was pregnant had to move to SW.. HTH

x x x

Sorry who is SW?

The trouble is with going for long walks etc is it is so dark outside of work. I leave for work at 6:45, then I get back home with Ellie at 5pm. It is pitch black by then! I was just arranging to go back to playing hockey (got fed up of putting my live on hold while TTC), and was due to play on Saturday but have cancalled now I have the BFP. From previous experience I can't lose weight through exercise I need to diet to do so. I have just got back from a weeks skiing and will go back to going to the gym reguarly but I do need to sort my diet out. Previously the Atkins diet worked for me until I got PG but then stopped it when I was PG and thats when I put a lot of the weight back on.

back to playing hockey

Anyway you could the warm up or something like that?

I am still going to martial arts without the sparring/grappling contact and just taking it down a few pegs. At the gym as well, and lowered the weights and increased the reps. I think you need to make sure that your heart rate doesn't go too fast because that can put strain on the baby.

Also things like yoga, pilates, water aerobics they are probably quite good. I will start those in the next few weeks if I am good!

Nicky_Jones said:
Sorry who is SW?

The trouble is with going for long walks etc is it is so dark outside of work. I leave for work at 6:45, then I get back home with Ellie at 5pm. It is pitch black by then! I was just arranging to go back to playing hockey (got fed up of putting my live on hold while TTC), and was due to play on Saturday but have cancalled now I have the BFP. From previous experience I can't lose weight through exercise I need to diet to do so. I have just got back from a weeks skiing and will go back to going to the gym reguarly but I do need to sort my diet out. Previously the Atkins diet worked for me until I got PG but then stopped it when I was PG and thats when I put a lot of the weight back on.

Have you tried wheat free alternatives? If atkins worked you cold have a minor intolerance to wheat or something similar which could be why you don't lose weight. My nan is celiac (sp) and gained monster amounts of weight quickly.

before i was pregnant I lost a stone by replacing cows milk with soya milk - you can do this while pregnant as long as you're getting your calcium from somewhere (my soya milk has added calcium plus I still eat cheese etc)

I used to walk my dogs for 30-45mins every morning but over the past few weeks I've found it really hard work - coincides with my morning sickness and my dogs are very hard to control - I don't want to risk falling over them etc so now I take them seperately for 10mins each (shame for them). They've started to get overprotective of me recently too which caused problems when we're out and about.

I got a wii fit for xmas and thats good for both fun and exercise - muscle workouts and yoga poses plus balance games and aerobics games....although I'm 27, my fitness level is currently 46 - ooops!

I'd say just count your calories and save your money.
You should aim for 2000 a day and then only increase later on in the pregnancy to add in 300 calories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back