Progesterone Pessaries

Hchee1979

Reaction score
So I've been prescribed to take one of these every night for the next 7 weeks so hopefully it'll help my body to maintain the pregnancy until the placenta kicks in.

Has anyone else been put on these and have they worked?
xx

why did they tell u to take these? have u got low progesterone? gd luck xx

why did they tell u to take these? have u got low progesterone? gd luck xx

Yeah they had run some tests before I got my BFP and it showed a low progesterone which they think might have caused my last two miscarriages.
x

ahh ok i understand now wish they would test me for that as had 2 mcs myself but wont test till i had 3 :-/ gd luck hope u have a sticky bean this time xx

ahh ok i understand now wish they would test me for that as had 2 mcs myself but wont test till i had 3 :-/ gd luck hope u have a sticky bean this time xx

Sorry to hear that JoJo, I think I've landed on my feet with a brilliant doctor and a EPU who actually are pro-active in trying to get me sorted out :)

Have you definitely been told that you'll get no tests until 3 MC??
x

yep i asked the epu nurse and she was firm that nhs dont fund tests untill u have 3 mcs i have had 3 but one was 22 yrs ago so does not count i have 6 children already so its not all bad but the longing for waht i have lost is just realy bad and i need to carry on trying, doc has given me asprin and high dose folic acid so now i jsut have to hope n prey wen i fall its all ok xx

yep i asked the epu nurse and she was firm that nhs dont fund tests untill u have 3 mcs i have had 3 but one was 22 yrs ago so does not count i have 6 children already so its not all bad but the longing for waht i have lost is just realy bad and i need to carry on trying, doc has given me asprin and high dose folic acid so now i jsut have to hope n prey wen i fall its all ok xx

Oh dear...guess i'm lucky to have been seen then after only two miscarriages. Its strange how different areas in the UK seem to have different rules. My doctor was telling me about another of her patients who has been referred to another local hospital in my area and she was never even offered a d&c after any of her 6 miscarriages and that she might also have low progesterone and that hospital doesn't prescribe it whereas my hospital does.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you JoJo :) Everything comes to those who wait :) xx

I was on progesterone pessaries - prescribed privately after 1 miscarriage - i insistrd on it.
I have a lovely little boy now.
Hope it works for you, sometimes it helps even if progesterone isnt low, fx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I was on progesterone pessaries - prescribed privately after 1 miscarriage - i insistrd on it.
I have a lovely little boy now.
Hope it works for you, sometimes it helps even if progesterone isnt low, fx

Thats great to hear Knopk :) Thanks for replying! I'm only on one at night but hopefully thats enough to keep the pregnancy in place :) Did you find that they are a bit messy though :)
x

I was on 400 mg at night as well, it was enough to help.

They are indeed messy but at night isnt too bad if you do it before going to bed. Good luck hun x

I was on 400 mg at night as well, it was enough to help.

They are indeed messy but at night isnt too bad if you do it before going to bed. Good luck hun x

Im only on one 200mg so hopefully thats enough :)
Thanks chick
x

thnx and gd luck with ur pregnancy hope it works out all ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic