Progesterone

julesmw

Reaction score
Anyone else have a low count? My number is closer to losing than keeping right now. They put me on progesterone twice a day and I have an early scan on Tuesday. They also took blood twice this week to compare Hcg levels to see if the pregnancy looks to be progressing normally. Just wondering if any of you are in the same boat?

I had first bloods taken today that include progesterone, don't know the result though yet. Second hcg on sunday and find out results monday. Was your hcg doubling? I'll be going for scan fri if hcg doubling, so sounds like we are in a very similar if not same boat!!

Yes. I received a call back today that they are satisfied with how it is rising. I had a great scan with my last pregnancy that I miscarried - saw the heartbeat, movement, etc., so even if the scan goes well next week, I don't think I'll be reassured. At this point its just a waiting game.

On a side note, they are thinking I might always have had this problem. I wasn't checked for it with three pregnancies, including the one I lost, but was checked for two of them and they were both low. They think this might be the reason I lost my last one. Interesting, for sure. Now I'm wondering if its just a pregnancy thing or if I'm always low on progesterone. :eh:

Last edited:
That must be heart breaking to lose the pregnancy after all that. They can give additional progesterone support if you are a bit low though? I'm keeping everything x for hcg rising. Had no idea last time what was happening with numbers etc, but my symptoms disappeared at 11 weeks and at 12 weeks scan had twins that had stopped growing at 11 weeks, so it was fairly consistent. As with you I guess if I'd had an early scan things probably would have looked fine...

However, it will give me some piece of mind now things going according to plan, and hopefully there will just be one in there this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back