Progesterone & Ovulation

Vickyxx

Reaction score
Well I am coming to the end of my 2ww and just phoned for the results of my 21 day blood test 110.3 so ovulation did occur not that it worked as I have also started spotting :wall2:

But I was wondering ........ Are high progesterone levels always a guarantee that you ovulated??? reason for asking is that I know opk's can give false positives and that you can also produce ewcm but still not ovulate

so I was wondering if the same can be said for high progesterone levels??

answers on a postcard :eh:

No, if your progesterone was 110 I think it's extremely safe to say you ovulated.
Progesterone is only released once you ovulated, where as the OPKs pick up a hormone surge before you ovulate so you can still not release the egg even if you get that surge.

thanks hun, I suppose looking on the bright side things seem to be doing what they are suppose to x

yup, you defintely ovulated, the corpus luteum that is left over (from the release of a good follicle) goes on to produce progesterone so you did good! x

Yep you deffo OV'd Vic, clomid can give high progesterone, it's a good result that for spotting, I'd just love it to be implantation!:)

I don't think I've heard you mention spotting before...

How many dpo are you?

Xx

Oh, and i agree with the yes you've ovulated comments, which is why i didn't add my own lol

I'm just glad that you're posting :)

That is huge. Anything about 30 is indicative of an ovulatory cycle!!

Oh, and i agree with the yes you've ovulated comments, which is why i didn't add my own lol

I'm just glad that you're posting :)

Yeah I am still here, havent stuck my head in the oven just yet ;)

Ive only ever had my progesterone levels checked once, and my result was 114 and my period arrive 4 days early so its a funny thing to watch.

Have my fingers crossed for you :) xxx

lol, well if you get around to it make sure you just turn on the gas and not automatically press the spark too or else you'll probably just come out a bit singed ;)

lol, well if you get around to it make sure you just turn on the gas and not automatically press the spark too or else you'll probably just come out a bit singed ;)

Arghhhh crap just remembered we have an electric oven ... will have to pre heat it for 10 minutes first :roll:

Umm, i don't think it works at all with electric, what are you going to do - cook your face until you die? lol

I'm not trying to give you ideas btw lol I'm surprised i'm still around myself to be honest ;)

Last edited:
Umm, i don't think it works at all with electric, what are you going to do - cook your face until you die? lol

I'm not trying to give you ideas btw lol I'm surprised i'm still around myself to be honest ;)

it is fan assisted so I would get a nice all over even burnt head :lol:

trust me the oven is not my biggest worry, the other night driving hubby home from the pub I got so engrossed talking to him about having ivf that I drove straight through a red light :shock:

That is scary :shock:

I drove through a red light once and it was kind of intentional as it was just hitting red as i went through, you know when you try to miss it.

Well, there was some guy with a pram that wasn't paying attention and the second the light hit red he starts walking out with the pram without even lifting his head to check the road :shock:

I wouldn't say i nearly hit the pram, but i was going fast to get through the light and suddenly had to hit the breaks and he only actually saw me after i'd stopped and he was giving me a right bollocking as i drove off :oooo:

Won't be doing that again :whistle:

I'd say you definitely Ov!! That's a high result. Mine was only 31 but told that was normal. I spot every month so wonder if it's too low. X

Mine thus month was only 23 and seem to stay around that so fx mine will be higher when I start clomid after my hsg xx

Hi Vicky just wanted to say hello, I am pleased you ovulated this month. I hope you are well love gizzy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back