help! dont understand!!

itisbabytime

Reaction score
How can I have taken my clomid (dont have pcos just take it too boost ovulation), had smiley faces and strong lines on opks cd 15 and then get af on cd29 so a nice "normal" cycle but only have a progesterone result of 20 so likely didnt ovulate (or did but a very immature egg). I thought if you had an annovulatory cycle it would be much longer??

Sorry, that sentance was so long but feeling a bit rambley today, is rambley a word??

aaarrrggghhhh :wall2:

Sorry about AF & about your progesterone result hun :-( I'm having my day 21 (day 25 for me) next Fri so I'm hoping I get a result of 30 or over esp since I've been scanned and saw the follies. Do you think I could still not ov? I'm a bit worried now. Nitemare!

Oh sorry itsbabytime! I am annovulatory and on my first round of clomid I got a smiley face and a peak on my cbfm so was sure that I had ovulated. Unfortunately my proestrogen results confirmed I didnt. Mind you I don't get any af so Im kind of clear cut. What did thd dr say about the results?

How frustrating Hun. What was your progesterone before clomid? Mine without clomid are between 27 and 31 and he said jury was out on if I ovulated yet I always get a temp rise and 30 to 32 day cycles. I don't thin cycles need to be longer.

Everyone reacts differently to the drug so maybe you just need a higher dose? Are they going to increase you to 100? X

No - no scan to confirm just the bloods.doc is putting me upto 50mg now. Argh its just so crap. Before clomid I was getting around 30 each month, then I got some good results the first few rounds of clomid - well above 50 - and now down to 20. Trying not to worry, its just so confusing as cycle length was normal and had smiley faces. Thanks everyone x

How frustrating for you :hug:

Was the test at 7 DPO? How much bleeding did you do?

A reading of 20 might not be considered normal but it would be enough to cause some formation of uterine lining, producing a bleed.

I'm wondering if the clomid has created some cysts that are now creating a problem. They will hopefully just go away but maybe insist on a scan next time to be sure xx

Hi louise, it was done 8dpo and period came 6 days later. My af was just as painful as normal but thinking back it was lighter (regular tampons were fine rather than the supers I normally need on the first few days)

I'm going to see how this cycle goes on 50mg and get bloods done and see what results are. Hopefully they will be normal. If not ill be going for scanning - I'm paying so they can't really say no haha!

Yeah well it might not be cysts, I'm just trying to think why you might suddenly have difficulty ovulating properly.

It's horrible when things seem to be going backwards and there is no reason why. Hopefully it's just a blip and you'll be fine next cycle xx

Thanks louise. Its not the end of the world - just frustrating and after a year of not even a sniff of bfp I thought we were finally getting somewhere, aarrgghh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back