New to this forum - Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Macksie

Reaction score
Hi there

I am new to this forum so hope you don't mind me coming in!

I am wondering if anyone else has or had a similar problem or knows someone that has?

I suffer with low progesterone levels the doctor has refered me and I recently had a HSG scan which shows my tubes are ok. I am now waiting to have an ultrasound and waiting on results of a womb cell test the consultant took. But it looks more and more likely my problems are purely hormonal imbalance.

My af can last up to 16 days and normally begins just after ovulation this was when it was at it's worst. Now I tend to get spotting and small bleeds after ov leading up to af. I have tried everything from eating organic meat, cutting the stress out of my life and now accupuncture :wall2:

The next step will be clomid but will this stop the bleeding and help balance my hormones? If anyone has had similar probs with progesterone what has been done to help you get pg??

Thanks ladies any advice greatly received :)

Sorry I can't help but wanted to say welcome to the forum x x

Hi, I read this and thought of Agnus Castus - its a herbal supplement that balances and regulates hormones, it is frequently used for infertility and I used it after I had Depo Provera to get my cycles back to normal. It only took 3 months, might be worth reading about. Its not at all dangerous :)

Thanks for the replies girls.

Yep Rosie been on Agnus Castus for quite a few months it helps but not quite the cure unfortuntely :roll: but thank you for mentioning it as it is one of natures secrets!

iv not had this prob my hormones have never been brill i was on hrt to combat pmt which was as bad as it was possible to get although my periods were bad they were regular im sure clomid will be god for you alot of dr's use it to regulate cycles in those ttc i fell on my 3rd cycle of it best of luck sounds like your consultant is well on top of things

Hi i think im going through something similar, but im only just starting out with the tests. I had my 21 day bloods done last week and it showed i was ov'ing, just slightly later than normal. Im now waiting for a date to come through for a scan .. not sure which 1 but doc said its to check for cysts on my tubes etc...
but for the last 2 months ive been getting browny pink discharge on and off for up to a week before af due... its totally confusing me. Im on my second month of taking agnus castus and evening primrose oil. I get really bad back ache, hip pain and lower ab pain from when i think i ov...

...sorry posted too soon!!
Is this how you started out before your tests?? xxx

Hey thanks for responding......

Well yes it is kinda how I started out from last year around August time my af came earlier and earlier each month until November it was at it's worst for 16 days and very heavy. Apart from that month I tend to just have very long and light bleeding with no PMT symtoms or pain?! Then the doc perscribed me some norethisterone (progesterone) as my day 21 and day 25 was very low suggesting I wan't ov'ing! I took this for a month since then things have been a little better and I get spotting and brown discharge from around ov time up to af. My temps remain high until proper af shows so suggests I may ov but my hormones are still mis firing somewhere :shakehead:

It sounds like you will have an ultrasound which will check for cysts or fibroids both are harmless and treatable but they have to rule out before they can give you clomid. The only difference between us is that you mention you get lower back pain and period cramps all through the spotting which I don't get.

Lets see what the scan results say when is yours? Mine is this Friday?

Ah hun, were similar but different! lol My af's were getting longer and longer, now seem to have settled at 32 day cycles for last 3 months, but with the spotting the week leading up to af. I dont know when my scan is yet, i havent had the appointment through yet.. getting really impatient now, as i still have to wait 2 weeks after the scan to see my doctor for results... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back