PCOS And High Testosterone

WiccanRachel

Reaction score
Just an inquiry really i was just wondering if anyone has PCOS and high testosterone?? :roll:
I haven't be told an awful lot other than i am having a scan on 22nd Feb to see if they can find any cysts, and that my bloods came back as PCOS and high levels of testosterone....
Does this mean i can't have a baby?? Will i miscarry all of the time because of this? The dr's don't seem to want to give me information other than "keep trying for a baby"..
I am not been offered treatment until July 2011, but that's only if i don't conceive by then.. but i think i am pregnant this month...
So... is there anything they can do to make my Progesterone levels to normal during my pregnancy? Or do i just hope for the best?

Please help xxxx

I have Pcos too but not high testosterone levels. My levels of prolactin were wrong but bit sure how. I had ovarian drilling to help me with it as I didn't have the actual syndrome, just the cysts. Had the op on 13 December, had a period 4 days later and now we have a l/o on the way! :love: so that's been an effective treatment for me :) xxx

Congrats on the pregnancy Rachel :)

I can't help you re the PCOS, but i've read about progesterone before.

If your progesterone is too high during pregnancy, it is typically an indicator of one of two things - multiple birth or molar pregnancy.

That said it doesn't *have* to be either of these things. You might just be at the top end of a heathy range and a very high progesterone level is essential during pregnancy.

Try not to dwell on it. There is nothing they can do because if they try to artifically lower your progesterone and overdo it, they will kill the baby.

All i can suggest is that you hang in for your 8 week scan. When you hear babies heartbeat you'll know everything is fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back