Problems taking antenatal vitamins :(

sophs85

Reaction score
I'm taking pregnacare plus which has a folic acid vitamin and a seperate omega one, I am taking the folic acid fine and for the past month have been ok with the omega one but all of a sudden I can't swallow properly ,taking them has become almost impossible due to me just gagging them up! ( sorry) I have maged to take the folic acid but the past few days I can not keep down the omega vitamin. Don't really know what to do.
Can anyone who has had this problem recommend a way of taking it?? Xx

Are you taking the one's with the pink pack and the green pack? If so the red pill is the multi-vitamin (but yep does have Folic Acid in it) and the yellow capsule is the omega 3 suppliment.

I agree that they are a bit hard to swallow.

In Tri 1 I just took pure Folic Acid (they are teeny tablets) and I started the multi-vitamin in Tri 2.

Lots of water seems to make taking them a little easier

xxxxxxxxxxx

Yea I'm taking that one, the multivitamin has the 400 mcg of folic acid in it so at least I'm taking the most importiant one, I just can't take the omega 3 at all at the moment, it's impossible :( x

I struggle with that one as well !!! I am very good at taking tablets but that one is a pain....

Maybe you should just invest in a brand that don't have the Omega 3 capsule?

xxxxxxxxx

Yea I was thinking I might stop them but I'm worrying they are too importiant x

Soph I'm taking pregnacare plus too and both my midwife and doctor said the only thing we should need to take is folic acid. The rest you should get from a good balanced diet.

I'm the same, but I struggle to take the big ones.... Lots of water and it goes down.

Pregnacare made me feel really nauseous. I stopped and just took frolic acid which was fine x

You can get really small folic acid tablets wit vit d from boots, that's all I took and because they're tiny thy are easy to take. Found pregnacare made me constipated!! Xx

Stop taking the omega 3 one then hun and go to Pregnacare original. That's the one with just the multi vits and folic acid in.

As long as you have a good healthy diet you should be fine - not everyone can take omega 3 due to it been from fish oils and many people can't have fish ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back