Concern about Pregnacare Plus

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
Ive been taking Pregnacare since I found out I was pregnant, But my mum picked up some pregnacare plus for me. It has the normal pill, and also an Omega-3 pill.. What I am worried about is that Omega- 3 has Vitamin A in it, and I heard thats bad in pregnancy.. Thoughts?

Omega-3 :

Vitamin A - 50% RDA
Vitamin D - 100% RDA
Vitamin E - 25% RDA
Vitamin C - 75% RDA

Hmm, yeah I wouldn't want to take it because I was told to stop taking my multivitamin because it had 50% rda of vitamin a in it....

If you get the pregnacare original it has no vitamin A.. x

Yeah Star, Thats what I had first of all. And in the plus one its two pills so you dont have to take the omega 3 part. Tis strange that they would have it in there, Ohwell.

Its designed for pregnancy! I've been taking it since day 1! :lol:

It seems unlikely that Pregnacare vitamins would be bad for pregnancy. Women would be suing all over the place! Dont take it if it makes you uncomfortable, but I'm sure its fine.

Rosie's mummy - Its the Plus version I am talking about, Not the original version.

And its designed for pregnancy sure, But I was certainly told to avoid Vitamin A, and this has it added, So I am going to avoid it. Why they would add it, I dont know.

ps..If you look on the side of the Pregnacare Plus box it states that 'Pregnacare does not contain vitamin A, as high levels are not advised in pregnancy'

Hope this puts your mind at ease :)

just found this thread, Ive been taking the both tablets from pregnacare box. when I remember :oooo:

i heard once that the pregnacare plus tablets made u feel more sick than the original as the extra ingrediants but guess thats just to some poeple, not sure about the vitamin a but sure if its designed for pregnancy it should be ok good luck x

I had a look on the box and couldnt see any mention of vitamin A.... did I miss it?

OMG!!! I've just seen this thread!! Made me panic a bit :( Ive been taken both tablets for about 3mths now!!! Oh no!! What should I do? Stop taking them??? I'm going to check label now!! surely it wouldn't be harmful to us???? X

my friend who is 5 months pg went for a check up with the midwife and they told her she needs some more vitimin a - all very confusing! :-S xx

Last edited:
Afternoon all,

My OH has been taking Pregnacare Plus since finding out she was pregnant (we're coming up to week 11 now). Do not worry about the Vitamin A in Pregnacare Plus because there isn't any. To put your mind at ease have a look at the following links:

http://www.vitabiotics.com/pregnacare/pregnacareplus_formula.aspx
http://www.vitabiotics.com/pregnacare/pregnacareplus_formula2.aspx

No mention of Vitamin A (of which they would be legally obliged to if it did).

From their FAQs section:

"Does Pregnacare® Plus contain Vitamin A (retinol), because excess may be harmful during pregnancy?
No. Pregnacare® Plus has been carefully formulated to contain betacarotene in preference to vitamin A. Betacarotene (pro-retinol) is converted into vitamin A when and if the body requires it, and is non-toxic. The Omega 3 capsule in Pregnacare® Plus is produced from fish oils that are free from Vitamin A and therefore safe to take throughout pregnancy."

Hope this helps.

P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back