Problems at top and bottom! Advice please!

LucyBee

Reaction score
Oh dear.

Got some terrible pains in one of my teeth today. It's where I've previously had a root filling and my dentist did say that if I had pains he may need to redo it. Does anyone know whether you can have your gum numbed when you're pregnant and if not, what the hell do I do????

On a different (and rather gross note) I also have piles. Well, just one of the buggers! :oops: And it's soooooooooooooooooo painful. The chemist wouldn't give me anything without me having seen my GP first! Has anyone else suffered and if so, what did you use?

I feel like I'm falling apart today!

Lucyx

your poor thing :(

ive never had piles so im not sure hun :(

Awww hunny you sound like your in a lot of pain! :hug:
The dentist is allowed to numb your mouth hunny it doesnt harm the baby :D

As for your piles, its a right pain when the bloody chemist cows say no have had many run ins with them :roll: :evil: If they wont let you have anything, you should be able to get an emergancy appointment with your doctor, you are prioty because your pregnant, I have never had piles but my firend has ( not sure what she had sorry ! ) , she just searched on google and its very usefull as too what can relieve it until you see your doc :D all the best and I hope yoy feel better soon, sorry I can't be more helpfull :hug:

oh lucy im so sorry, i hope you feel better soon. sorry i have no advice on the subjects but am thinking of you :hug:

Lucy, what can I say other than have you had the Baba strated yet??? :lol:
Sorry about your pains hun, unfortunately I haven't experienced either, I'd just double check with your dentist before confirming an appointment and definately see the docs about your pile!
:hug: xxxx

hey lucy ive got no advise on either end but agree with the annoying chemists (i know its not their fault) i went to the chemist once with a really ba cold and i wasnt even alowed cough meicine but doctors is always a good idea even if it is embarassing but big :hug: for you
sammy

LucyBee said:
Oh dear.

Got some terrible pains in one of my teeth today. It's where I've previously had a root filling and my dentist did say that if I had pains he may need to redo it. Does anyone know whether you can have your gum numbed when you're pregnant and if not, what the hell do I do????

On a different (and rather gross note) I also have piles. Well, just one of the buggers! :oops: And it's soooooooooooooooooo painful. The chemist wouldn't give me anything without me having seen my GP first! Has anyone else suffered and if so, what did you use?

I feel like I'm falling apart today!

Lucyx

i had a pile after i had my second daughter coz i pushed so much - i sat on a ring and got some cream from the chemist to shrink it.
Go to boots and get some. Anusol i think it is.

Its definately ok to have your mouth numbed I know that for sure because I had a filling a couple of months ago

Haven't experienced piles im afraid but best thing to use is Anusol you can buy from anywhere and have heard its great (gonna get myself some for after labour)

Thanks everyone!

Relieved to hear you can have a numbing injection for the old gob.

As for the other end, oh dear, oh dear. Spoke to the doctor this morning who sent me home from work and told me not to sit (obviously coming on to the forum doesn't count). She's given me some cream and told me to get a rubber glove (!) and fill one of the fingers with crushed ice and hold that against the pile. :oops:

Sweet jesus - it's not exactly glam is it?!

:hug: Awww hunny, I feel so sorry for you id hate to have piles, it sounds so uncomfortable

LucyBee said:
Thanks everyone!

Relieved to hear you can have a numbing injection for the old gob.

As for the other end, oh dear, oh dear. Spoke to the doctor this morning who sent me home from work and told me not to sit (obviously coming on to the forum doesn't count). She's given me some cream and told me to get a rubber glove (!) and fill one of the fingers with crushed ice and hold that against the pile. :oops:

Sweet jesus - it's not exactly glam is it?!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry should not laugh at your pain but you made it sound so comical!!

I just have visions of you walking along legs wide open with a odd shaped marigold up your bum lol!!

I hope it gets better soon tho hun :hug:

Jaidy - that is not too far off the truth!
I never thought that pregnancy would involve a rubber glove and ice up my bum!
L x

budge said:
Go to boots and get some. Anusol i think it is.

Who the bloody hell came up with that name - must have a sense of humour :rotfl:

I'm sorry Lucy I've never had this, sounds horrid though.
Hope the ice helps! :shock:

Anusol! I know!
And I noticed in the chemist today that there's some mouth ulcer stuff called Anbesol.
Wouldn't want to go mixing those two up!

Just when I thought things couldn't get much more undignified, I just spoke to my doctor again as the pain hasn't subsided.

Apparently he thinks the pile has 'thrombosed' whatever that means so I have to go to the surgery at 4.50pm today to have it drained. :puke:

The pain!

The old pregnancy hormones have kicked in and I can't stop crying. I can barely touch the thing let alone have someone near it with a scalpel. And not to mention the humiliation of having a doctor look up my arse. :oops:

Oh god. Wish me luck girls.

PS: Sorry if you're reading this at lunch time!

Ooooooh Lucy, I feel terrible for laughing at your marigold incident now, draining it sounds horrendous!!

Best of luck hun, lets hope it makes you feel better :hug:

Well I'm back and hoorah - I didn't have to have it drained.

The doctor had a good look up my bum (nice) and gave me some different cream and some suppositories and signed me off work for a week!

Who'd have thought an arse could be so much trouble!

Thanks for all your advice and support girlies.

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back