Pains - advice please gals!

LucyBee

Reaction score
I've had a manic day at work (still here but just about to leave) and have had a real pressure down low today. I'm not sure if the baby is just lying low in a funny position but it's painful.
Anyone else had this? Should I worry?
Lucyx

Edit: It feels like a pulling/dragging feeling esp. when I'm walking.
Anyone?!

hi, i don't really know to be honest but wanted to reply to push this to the top so someone who can help replys, i hope you are feeling better though x

Bless you Missac! Thank you so much!
I'm home now and pains are no better.
I'm wondering whether it might be Braxton Hicks?
I'm worried.
Lx

I was having strong kicks but this evening it feels lower too, like its pushing downwards.

I think it may just be the position the baby is

Could it maybe be your pelvis aching, just sounds like that kind of pain?(ie dragging and worse when walking)
I have had a few low down pelvis pains ( i have also got terrible back pain- like sciatica ) which i was more worried about until seeing the scans today where my boy has head very low down around the site of the discomfort. The sonographer didn't seem worried.
I'm going to speak to my gp on monday( midwive is pants :evil: )
I'd try to rest over the weekend :sleep: and ring someone if it doesn't go off hun.
jo

is it better today lucy? can you ring your MW for reassurance?

Thanks girls. It is better today. Still feels heavy down there but we went for our 4D scan so I saw the baby and know he's well and happy which was a great reassurance.
I read on the web last night that dehydration can cause Braxton Hicks so have been drinking loads of water and think that's helped. Not convinced it was BH though?
The baby had his head on my bladder earlier and his head is down so I'm thinking it might just be the weight of the baby.
So many things to get used to!
Anyway, thanks for posts - means a lot.
Lucyx

Hey Lucy.... hope you're feeling better today.

Are these pains in your groin area - stabbing pains? I had these pains with Oscar - I would sometimes fold double because of them. I put it down to stretching ligaments.

Don't worry yourself - ring MW if you're concerned though. Get plenty rest & get enjoy a cup of rooibos tea!!

Sending you a "Get Well" hug :hug:
Emilia xx

I am getting this kind of feeling too. Only for a little time each day. It might be exertion. Don't think it is anything to worry about.

I'm thinking now it might be exertion too as I've got it this morning after commuting in to work on train/tube/walk and had it yesterday after a long walk in the woods.
It's a low down dragging/pulling feeling like the bottom of my tummy is really heavy.
I think I'll ring midwife this morning.
Lucyx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back