My tooth :( plus dentist rant

kalia

Reaction score
When I was a teenager I had to have a root canal on one of my teeth, which I got done in France as I was living there at the time. The rest are fine but I have a problem tooth. A few years ago at my last NHS appointment as my dentist was going private a month later :evil: the dentist said he would redo the filling in it. Now, the filling was sound, he was offering to do it while it was NHS as I had had it for 10 years, so that I wouldn't have to pay to have it replaced later. And he put in lovely white filling intead. That was 2 years ago. Since then the tooth has broken once as he cracked it when removing the last filling and now the filling (which by now is actually more than half the tooth :oops: ) is coming out!!! I've know the crack was increasing for a few weeks but I didn't know whether the filling was coming loose or the tooth was breaking. The filling can't come out because it is jammed by the tooth next to it and its shape but I can't help prodding at it! It's bound to come out soon with the prodding and needs to be fixed anyway as bacteria will get trapped under it.

I wish the dentist had left it alone :evil: :evil: :evil: The French filling was in perfect order and showing no sign of wear and tear. I just took his word for it and now I have lots of problems :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have a silly bit of paper that says I get free NHS dental treatment but it's all a lie because there are no NHS dentists!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I don't know what to do and i'm getting very stressed. It's probably going to cost a fortune to fix :( At least I don't need to worry about anesthetic as they kill the nerve with a root canal but I almost feel like asking him to pull the stupid tooth out - it would be a damn sight cheaper if it's going to break every year!!!!!

Thank you for listening to my rant. I'm going to go cry now :cry:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Try ringing your local Health Authority and see if there are any NHS dentists taking on patients in your area.

I've been today and it cost me £37 quid for him to do sod all but i'm too scared to go to another dentist even though I could get it free.

OH HONEY
I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOIN THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
MY story almost mirrors yours
when i moved to Tonbridge i had bad tooth ache and a hole had appered at the top of my tooth
so went to the NHS dentist they filled in the tooth and sent me on my way with no antibiotics for the tooth ache :( i had to pay for the pliminary xrays and registration fee
the pains continued i was in a hell of a lot of pain i had by this time heard to horror stories from 2 of the girls at work who said they where c***
so i went private my James reccomended his privated dentist
£37 pound just to walk through the door another £50 for xrays :x
they tried to save the root of my tooth as they said the infection had travled to the root. but by than it was to late
i had to have the root drilled out cleaned and filled and a cap put on the rest of the tooth.
this cost me £460 it took me all day to stop crying :cry: :cry: :cry:
£7 ANTIBIOTICS would have saved my tooth from the NHS dentist but beacuse they didnt look after me proplerly it cost me all together £600 for 1 lousy tooth :x :x :x

i think you still have to pay even at the NHS dentist so why bother with them if they are C***

now im exempt i have alovely card that says i can get free dentistry
but private dentists not except them :x
ive looked around my area for nhs most have gone private or part private (including the one i went too)
not that id want to go back to them
and are not exepting nhs or exempt people
i found one in the end
but they had a stupid set up that for only one day for one hour could you ring up to registar nhs
this was on a work day 1 till 2pm
i could not expect work to let me spend up to 1 hour on the phone trying to get through
(every one under the sun wanting nhs would be doing the same)
id be lucky to get through. :shakehead:
id have had to take half a day of to go and registar in person :roll:
as the dentist i found taking NHS was a long bus ride from where i live and work. :x

so i am stuck with private which sticks in my throat as i should by rights have free dentistry. :x :x

off to the dentist on friday as my gums though pregnancy keep bleeding when i brush them.
DREADING THE BILL :cry:

SO BIG HUG FROM ME HUN
images.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111