Probably a really silly question

toni64539

Reaction score
We decided in January that in march we would start ttc. So starting from Jan I took pregnacare conception as it says to start taking it 3 months before you start trying. But I was wondering if there is a maximum length of time you can take it for if you don't get pregnant? Does it do you any harm taking it for months on end? Or do you like become immune to it and it doesn't work aswell when you do concieve if you've been taking it for months? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thank you

I asked my Dr this same question a couple of months ago and he advised me there was no harm in taking pre-pregnancy supplements for a long period of time. The only vitamin he advised I shouldn't take was vit A. I have been taking folic acid for over 8 months now and haven't notived any side effects.

I hope that helps and good luck.

As far as i know there is no time limit as ppl take vits all the time. Check with the chemist if ur unsure x

Your definately doing the right thing keeping taking these , they will be a great help to concieving and baby in those early days when you get your BFP

Last edited:
Ive been taking preconcieve since Jan too and still taking them Idont think there is any harm in taking them long term....good luck xx

I have been taking Pregancare conception since the end of February and I read on the packet that there isn't a problem in taking them long term,

Fingers crossed that we wont have to wait that long though and we all get our BFP's this time around
x x x

Don't our bodies just excrete any excess vitimins that are not utilised by our bodies?

xx

Ye i was taking them for 8 months and done me no harm.

xx

No harm at all! Infact, the ones that I take say I can take them all the way through to breastfeeding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back