Advice on health supplements?

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Hi girls, now that I'm onto my 7th cycle off TTC, once AF has left me alone I was considering taking some sort of health supplements of some sort to try help me to get pregnant.
So far the only things I am taking is Folic acid tablets..
Can anybody recommend any other supplements I can start to take??
I have heard people mentioning green tea and stuff aswell but I don't kno anything about it or what it actually helps...
Alot off people have also said pregnacare is a waste of money so I havnt really considered that one.
Any advice would be appreciated!

Well, i'm a fan of Pregnacare. It's the most popular supplement for a reason :)

The conception one has some weird things in it that you don't get in a general supplement, might get them in some cheapy conception supplements though - not looked into them personally.

I think that a general detox helps, just because a reduction in toxins can never be a bad thing right :)

Cutting out caffiene i bet makes a huge difference on fertility but it's easier said than done, but that is where chinese and fruit teas come into their own.

Definately included in my resolutions to get rid of the balck tea and coffee in my cupboards :)

I think it's probably more important than cuttting out alcohol (in moderation).

Thanks wobbles I'll check that site out now!
LouiseB I know what you mean .. I keep meaning to cut out tea completely but it's so hard!! Especially working on an office where we have "tea rounds".. Plus I'm usually half dead in the morning so I need my caffeine fix!! I do keep meaning to buy decaf so that is on my to do list this cycle!
I have already quit smoking so that is already a BAD BAD toxin out of my body, but whilst I'm on a whole new health kick I'm going to try extra hard to be even healthier from now on!
I think my diet is ok'ish.. I dont eat junk food much and hardly ever drink alcohol.
If I don't conceive by my 9th cycle I'm going to take a trip to the doctors!

Yeah it's great that you've managed to quit smoking :)

Cold turkey best way to go is what i heard. No no NO!!! is the way to go :dance:

I keep nagging another one of the girl about her REVOLTING! habit with the nasty ovulation stoppers :oooo: She knows who she is :whistle:

Gives my hubby a break from the nagging anyway :good:

I love a cuppa in the morning. I tend to have it really strong - double baggies :shock:

I a big fan of going to the doctor too. You have to be comfortable lying though because otherwise you might as well not bother after 9 cycles.

I had 3 pints of lager on Sunday night...eek well that's sure as hell gonna have to stop now.

I'll be thinking of you on Xmas eve Tracey... and xmas day... oh and don't forget New Years!

One mulled wine, two lagers, three ciders, a glass of white wine with a side of soft cheese and shellfish for me please Santa :good:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back