Private scan this morning!

willowwisp

Reaction score
Ok, so this is my first ever scan, I've been feeling totally fine in terms of anxiety, no nightmares, no worries, but this morning I am officially feeling slightly anxious for the first time! Mixed in with a bit of excitement!

It says on the information that they sometimes do internal scans on the early ones (Doctor's dates make me 9+1 today), but I don't want this so I'm going to see what they can do through my tummy.

It's at 11:30 and it's only around the corner, wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed for me girls x x x x

Hopefully I'll have some piccies to share later!

good luck hun, im sure they'll be able to see thru the tummy, i think the internal ones are for very early on round 4-7wks. Fx for u

x

I had my scan at 7 weeks internally but at 9w 5d it was just an ultrasound and what you could see already blew me away! It already looks like a baby - albeit with a massive head!!

Also my bladder wasn't even that full and the sonographer found belly bean straight away!!

You'll be on cloud nine afterwards hun! Enjoy!!

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Good luck!!!!! Im sure.it.will be amazing xxxxxxxx

Best of luck :)

I had a scan at 9wks and they didn't need to do an internal to see baby :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Lots of great news and one slightly confusing thing!

Bubba is perfect, sac, yolk etc all perfect. Position is great, no abnormalities apparent with anything. Egg came from my right ovary and bubba has an utterly stonking heartbeat which is brilliant. Really happy!

Doctor made me 9+1 based on LMP, I thought I might actually be 8+5-8+6 as according to OPK's (using CBFM, not cheapies) I ovulated late CD 16/early day 17. We didn't DTD past day 17 because DH was feeling unwell. However the lady today says I'm a whole week back, she says I'm actually only 8+1. Any ideas anyone how this can be when I ovulated on CD 16/17 and not CD21?

I hope I've managed to attach a piccie for you x

Attachments

• bubba1.jpg
    bubba1.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 25
Hi hun,

So happy everything is OK with the bub - lovely piccie!

I think the reason for the variation in dates (even if you use OPK's or CBFM) is the date of implantation which can be anything from 7dpo - 12dpo.

So although your LMP will give you X date, if the bub settled in earlier or later then your date will vary?

I know when I ovulated, got my smiley face and I get bad ovualtion pain. Yet my 2nd early scan put me forward 4 days [I have not changed my ticker as I'll wait for proper dating scan] so it just means my bean implanted earlier...

The important thing is all is well sweetie - yay!!!

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
glad everything went ok. And dont pay any attention to the dates. They can be wrong by a week either way! You will get your official due date in a few weeks at your 12 week scan and that will be different again!

aww look at that pici supercute hehe glad all is well for you i agree with carnat its all about implantation i think this happened real early for me as got + on dpo 9, my friend got her bfp today her cycle this month was around 42 days but she didnt ov till cd32 and didnt implant till quite late on cos she did tests yesterday n day b4 n were bfn n she used a superdrug and a digi both bfn i expect wen she goes for her scan she will be put bk cos going fdrom her lmp she will be 5 weeks 4 days i think but she is realy only 3 weeks 4 days does that all make sense lol xx

Thanks girls x

I'm going to leave my tickers for now, partly because I can't work out how to change them and partly because we are going to see what they say at 12 week scan, which is 3 weeks Friday, so not long to wait!

I'm also hoping that if I convince myself I'm 9+1 I've only got 13 days of morning sickness (if I'm lucky!) to get through!

Fab picture sooo cute, guess he/she was finding the best position to set up camp, thankyou for sharing ,it's magic to see these early scan pictures . All the best xx

pleased everything went ok, lovely piccies x

Last edited:
Aw, how lovely!

I wouldn't worry about the dates thing. I had a similar thing happen and they put me back a whole week. It did feel like I was 5 weeks pregnant for about a year though! We had another scan on Monday and everything is in keeping with those dates and they baby looked just fine. I can't stop looking at our picture. When I feel achey and sick, it just lifts it all away :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back