Pregs hormones or is he taking the biscuit . A RANT !!

Aries29

Reaction score
Hi ladies wondering if I'm having preg hormone imbalance or whether I actually have a right to e annoyed at the other half .

Basically yesterday he spent 3 hours in the kitchen cooking what was supposed to be a roast dinner for himself , his daughter ( my step d) my son and me ( blended family)

I was studying up for my new job and also had forgotten to eat breakfast and lunch ( stupid I know ) so I was starved basically / they also ate all of my favorite carrot soup between them for lunch and didn't give my son any as they said he had refused ( he's 9 )

So anyway his and her plate was brimming , literally full to the sides of the plate , my son had an adequate portion although he doesn't eat well

Then there was my plate ! 1/2 carrot 1/4 parsnip , the remainder of broccoli and a little bit of leg meat ( from a whole chicken he just cooked / the carcus was also empty as they had eaten the whole thing , mostly between themselves) )

I have included a pic , the right side is the Meal he cooked yesterday and the left is the one I cooked today ( I didn't manage all the meat but are my veg )

Well I took one look at my plate and I was boiling and bubbling like. A volcano and I was so very much annoyed at his efforts as he knows I'm pregnant and hadntt eaten all day !

He clearly thought more of himself and his daughter (13 years old) before me and the baby .

Am I being an ungrateful cow as he did cook for me ? Or is t preg hormones ? Or do I have a right to feel dissapointed by him ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Wow. You definitely have reason to be annoyed! What was his reasoning?

Wow. You definitely have reason to be annoyed! What was his reasoning?

He didn't have a reason but he was made well aware of how I felt about them 2 having a feast and that I was left hungry . I refused to eat it and left the house. I went to my sisters and she had cooked a chicken curry from scratch and offered me some , she laughed hysterically when I showed her the pic of the meal

Looks like a liberty to me. I would have lost the plot and im not pregnant! Total cheek if you ask me

Thank god it's not just me, I thought the pregnancy hormones must be turning me into a right bit(h .
I know I'm not suppose to actually eat for 2 but I still need to eat a certain amount to get my protein and minerals and vits. He made sure he wasn't hungry . That's what really annoyed me as I always make sure he gets a good meal when i cook

That is about the amount you'd cook for a baby/toddler - definitely taking the mick!! x

Every right to be annoyed. That is the kind of portion I would have for my 11 month old (he likes to throw his food about so wouldn't eat it all). How can he think that's an appropriate meal for an adult? Never mind a pregnant woman.

Wow I think I would have thrown it at him and said eat it you may aswell as you ate everything else you selfish pig! But hey that's just me. I would have left and gone somewhere for dinner and used his bank card to pay for it. What happened when you got home? I'm so mad on your behalf lol what was he playing at. I couldn't give that to someone I'd feel bad. Or you should have taken his plate and said if you think this is ok... you eat it and il have yours!!

That's awful I'd be fuming ! He really needs to get his act together !

I say give him the cold shoulder for a couple of days. MAKE HIM PAY

Wow I think I would have thrown it at him and said eat it you may aswell as you ate everything else you selfish pig! But hey that's just me. I would have left and gone somewhere for dinner and used his bank card to pay for it. What happened when you got home? I'm so mad on your behalf lol what was he playing at. I couldn't give that to someone I'd feel bad. Or you should have taken his plate and said if you think this is ok... you eat it and il have yours!!

I didn't eat it, I shoved it in the microwave and said I'm going to my sisters ( she fed me thank god !)
I would have swapped plates with him but he was already scoffing his down !
The look on his face when I said " oh is this mine?" He sheepishly said yes ...... So e already knew it wasn't good enough !!

I should have put in his face ! I kept it in the fridge and was going to give t to him for his dinner tonight after work to see how he likes it , but he's gone to visit his parents.

Last edited:

I didn't eat it, I shoved it in the microwave and said I'm going to my sisters ( she fed me thank god !)
I would have swapped plates with him but he was already scoffing his down !
The look on his face when I said " oh is this mine?" He sheepishly said yes ...... So e already knew it wasn't good enough !!

I should have put in his face ! I kept it in the fridge and was going to give t to him for his dinner tonight after work to see how he likes it , but he's gone to visit his parents.

Oooo keep it for tomorrow's dinner, I would do that. Oh please do it and take a picture lol. Make sure you cook yourself a really good meal maybe his frav one. I'm so wicked but I'd get a kick out of that lol.

Yep that's a fantastic idea :) hahahahaha . Think I'll do myself some beef Wellington and he can have the toddler meal

Beef Wellington is my favourite meal. I'm coming over for dinner lol. X

OMG I'm shocked :( I would of thrown it in his face
Even if you weren't pregnant that's a total insult , but since you are it down right disgusting that he's eaten a full plate and given you that, I wouldn't let him get away with it :mad:
Sending you lots of hugs

xxxxxxx

I give more to my 3 year old than that tbh!

If my OH walked in with that I'd actually think he was taking the piss, and probably on finding out he wasnt throw the damn thing at him. How rude!

Doesn't he realize aswell as you that needs fed there is also a baby inside there?

The next few dinners you make, give him toddler portions and see if he cracks a light.

Oh and no, thats not pregnancy hormones. That is taking the biscuit!

xxxx

Omg I'm truly shocked and my hubby is disgusted too! Sod giving him a toddler portion, just don't cook him anything! Cook his favourite but just enough for you and your son!

I really don't understand this, is he normally this inconsiderate and rude? xx

I would have been raging as well, glad you managed to get a good meal at your sisters!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back