Pregnant with lupus and fibro

Hey girls, I had my beautiful baby boy on weds 15th he is so perfect n worth all the pain. I'm very proud of my body I think it did so well in labour. My fibromyalgia still seems to be ok no more pain then a normal labour. I have wrote my birth story over in the announcements will try to add pics when I can. Not sure how to do it.

Michelle.x

Oh Michelle! What lovely news to wake up to! Going to go read your story now. Massive congratulations to you, I'm absolutely thrilled for you! We will catch up properly soon once you've had a little tie to recover and get in to your new routine! (By catch up properly I mean 'bombard you will questions' hehehe! Xxxx

Ur more than welcum to ask away hun, i will most prob reply at about 3am wen im awake breast feeding and winding and changing nappies lol!!

Michelle. x

Ur more than welcum to ask away hun, i will most prob reply at about 3am wen im awake breast feeding and winding and changing nappies lol!!

Michelle. x

Haha okay!
I'm worried because I'm in quite a lot of discomfort with fibro at the moment - my sides/ribs are so sore I can't lay on my side in bed - either of them! Did you get this at all?
I'm scared about the pain I'll be in when I'm heavier as I'm struggling now and I barely have a bump. I'm also unfit and the last four months I've not been physically able to do anything because of fatigue and sickness... I'm just really scared how I'll get through labour and birth when my body is so easily exhausted anyway and in such a bad shape.
I know your labour and birth was quite quick lol so not sure there's much reassurance there haha but how are you coping now, with having a new baby after going through 9 months of pregnancy and labour etc
Xx

Hi hun, sorry for late reply. I didn't have much pain in the beginning but in tri 3 I did get knee hip n back pains. They were manageable tho n u didn't sleep to bad at night till right near the end. The Labour as u know was quick for mefor which I'm very thankful but it's so ddifferent for everyone it's hard to know what will happen for u. I suggest u do make everyone aware of ur condition so that they can help n support u esp after. For me the worst part if pregnancy was the sickness really wiped me out for wks was no good to anyone!!

Now as a Mum(still so weird to say that!)the worst part us mist definitely the tiredness my Braun seems to b in a fog now because um getting so tired surviving on 4-5hrs a night. Breast feeding is tough aswell as onky u can do it n that's taking a toll on my body, my advice is to drink lots n eat lots as that helps the milk n keeps he strength up. N don't feel guilty if u have to express or formula feed as hubby can help then um defo considering it sion as so exhausted.

Hope sum of my ramblings have helped you. I had say nothing is as bad Labour wise as u imagine it to b n ur body will naturally take over n do its job I was very worried my body wud let me down but was very proud of it in the end!!!

Michelle. x

Hi hun, sorry for late reply. I didn't have much pain in the beginning but in tri 3 I did get knee hip n back pains. They were manageable tho n u didn't sleep to bad at night till right near the end. The Labour as u know was quick for mefor which I'm very thankful but it's so ddifferent for everyone it's hard to know what will happen for u. I suggest u do make everyone aware of ur condition so that they can help n support u esp after. For me the worst part if pregnancy was the sickness really wiped me out for wks was no good to anyone!!

Now as a Mum(still so weird to say that!)the worst part us mist definitely the tiredness my Braun seems to b in a fog now because um getting so tired surviving on 4-5hrs a night. Breast feeding is tough aswell as onky u can do it n that's taking a toll on my body, my advice is to drink lots n eat lots as that helps the milk n keeps he strength up. N don't feel guilty if u have to express or formula feed as hubby can help then um defo considering it sion as so exhausted.

Hope sum of my ramblings have helped you. I had say nothing is as bad Labour wise as u imagine it to b n ur body will naturally take over n do its job I was very worried my body wud let me down but was very proud of it in the end!!!

Michelle. x

Thanks hun, that really is so helpful. Don't worry about taking time to get back, you're a mummy now hehe priorities are different and rightly so!
I've not slept properly since getting pregnant so surviving on about 5 hours sleep anyway... Lol think I'll be mostly okay by time baby is here cos I've been eased in to it! You're right about the sickness being horrendous, I would happily fly in to full blown child birth right now than be back to where I was with HG a month ago! Worst 4 months of my life.

I will have a breast pump and will probably express and will not beat myself up about it because I think I fully expect my body to fail me. Anything it does to not fail will be a lovely surprise haha including allowing me to give birth naturally without giving up half way through!
Thanks for the message hun, I really appreciate you taking the time to chat to me.

If you think of any other pearls of wisdom or advice please do let me know, I will eagerly take on board anything you say! Hehe xx

Hi hun, hope ur doing ok?? I wanted to let u know that a top tip from me is not to over do it wen u have had lo!! I was thinking I'm alright I can do everything again no no u can't!! My fibromyalgia defo cane back wen I pushed it too much. Just pace urself and ask for help if u need it that wud b my tip. Really hope ur doing ok.

Michelle.x

Hi hun, hope ur doing ok?? I wanted to let u know that a top tip from me is not to over do it wen u have had lo!! I was thinking I'm alright I can do everything again no no u can't!! My fibromyalgia defo cane back wen I pushed it too much. Just pace urself and ask for help if u need it that wud b my tip. Really hope ur doing ok.

Michelle.x

Thank you hun, really appreciate you popping on to give me tips hehe will definitely try take it as easy as possible. I won't be taking baby out by myself for a long while so that'll take away a certain amount of strain. We are also putting a nappy bin and all the bits on both floors of the house to avoid extra unnecessary exertion.
We are co sleeping with a co sleeper cot next to the bed so that should help and I will be expressing so my hubby can feed during the night too.
My mum is coming to stay for a bit once my hubby is back at work and I am very fortune to have three fantastic close friends all living very close by who are all mums themselves and have offered their help :)
Any other tips to make my life as easy as possible once baby is here? Xx

P.s how's your little one doing? Hope you're ok x

Last edited:
Can't believe he is 6 weeks already time really does fly. Sounds like u have lots of people to help so that's good just always expect help n dont worry about anything like housework n stuff I kept worrying wat people wud think of the house, stupid really no one cares about that!! Enjoy every min it really goes so quick n try n sleep wen they do as I found the tiredness kicked off my fibromyalgia. Over half way for u now I see, it will fly by now I promise!!

Michelle.x

Can't believe he is 6 weeks already time really does fly. Sounds like u have lots of people to help so that's good just always expect help n dont worry about anything like housework n stuff I kept worrying wat people wud think of the house, stupid really no one cares about that!! Enjoy every min it really goes so quick n try n sleep wen they do as I found the tiredness kicked off my fibromyalgia. Over half way for u now I see, it will fly by now I promise!!

Michelle.x

It already is! After 14 weeks hit it's suddenly snowballing! Especially since week 18ish. Always shocked when another week has gone by!
I'm not going to worry too much about the house, hoping some of the good Samaritans who are desperate to help with the baby can also load the dishwasher for me hehe
I'm going to try be as chilled as possible. Relax with baby whenever I can and just try not to do anything except be a mum. 😊
So glad you're LO is doing well. I can't believe it's been 6 weeks either! How have you recovered from the birth? X

Very well had my check up appointment mon n all is good down there n I feel physically well again guna try swimming again later so that May wipe me out!! I'm lucky he's such a good boy really but no sleep was a killer for those first few weeks. Any thing u Wana ask hun feel free. I know how scary it is toward the end.

Michelle.x

Will definitely come back to you if I have any worries or fears. I'm actually looking forward to labour, am Hypno birthing so feel very positive and relaxed about it all.
My only worry is getting too tired in labour and needing a C Sec because of recovery time. Otherwise, with natural birth, I think I'm ok at the moment :)

Last edited:
Hey Sarah how r u doing? My pains have cum back a little but nothing major. And he is so worth it.

Michelle.x

Hey Michelle!
I'm no longer considered high risk as of yesterday! I now get to have a birth centre birth at the hospital if I want. Figure I will try that and can always move across to their main labour ward if I'm struggling and need stronger pain relief. It's all on the same floor of the hospital luckily.

I've had a great two months with very manageable pain but in the last week or so the pain has stepped it up a notch for sure. My right hip and my ribs are killing me. Seeing a physio who has signed me up for hypnotherapy classes and acupuncture which I think will hopefully provide some relief anyway!

I'm so glad your not high risk any more n get to choose where to have bubba. Fx that the pain doesn't get any worse for you. I'm finding it more tough now than wen pg. Guess it's because he's getting heavier now n I'm finding it a struggle to open the bottles sumtimes. It's not to bad tho n I wudnt change any of it I'm already thinking maybe I cud do it again!!!

Michelle.x

I'm so glad your not high risk any more n get to choose where to have bubba. Fx that the pain doesn't get any worse for you. I'm finding it more tough now than wen pg. Guess it's because he's getting heavier now n I'm finding it a struggle to open the bottles sumtimes. It's not to bad tho n I wudnt change any of it I'm already thinking maybe I cud do it again!!!

Michelle.x

I am definitely worried about coping once baby is here but I have a great support network around me and just have to hope for the best. We will see, eh lol xx

A great support network will b a fab start hun, don't know wat I'd have done without my hubby n Mum!!

Michelle.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back