High Blood Pressure

Jess1979

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone else suffered with High Blood Pressure like me before they got Pregnant and how you were coping with it.

As soon as I found out I was pregnant I was taken off all medication by the doctor and I'm currently being monitored on a fortnightly basis by the midwife. She will be sick of seeing me by the end.

So far it has stayed stable but they think it may start causing a problem from 26 weeks onwards.

I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

Well I don't know if I had high blood pressure before I got pregnant but I've had moderatly high to high blood pressure since my 8 week booking appointment its been varying between 130/80 to 149/100 I'm also being seen fortnightly by midwife and also seeing my doctor inbetween so having it checked once a week. I'm being consultant led care at hospital and they want to see me if it gets as high as 160/90 as I'm high risk of getting pre-e as my mother suffered with it when pregnant with me and I was born premature at 27 weeks. I'm so scared of it getting to that stage just want me and my baby to be ok.

I'm scared with you.

Before I got pregnant my blood pressure was 170 / 120 so was put on medication.

They want to see me weekly come 26 weeks as at minute its running at 120 / 65. The doctor says the pregnacy is suiting me.

I'm worried at getting pre-e .

My gp has said he normally puts people on medication if it gets above 150/90 so I'm hoping it stays below that when I got it checked on Tue it was 130/85 so not to bad but wish it was lower does anyone know of any natural remedies to lower bp? I just worry my baby isn't gettin what he or she needs as high bp can interfere with placenta function.

My dad does take a herbal tablet as they found he had it after they found I had mine.

I will ask what the tablet is but not sure if you can take in pregnancy or not.

Let me know how you get on. I'm there on Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back