Pregnant or Not... HELP!

emmie_1980

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am new to this site, Mummy to a 10 year old and TTC for baby number 2. Looking for a bit of advice from expectant mums or anyone who may have been through the same......

Had my implant removed May 11th. I have done 5 pregnancy tests - 4 clear blue that were all positive, 1 doctors one which came back negative. 2 positive blood tests - bloods had doubled. Experienced pains and heavy discharge (no blood) so went to hospital and a scan was done. Could not see anything, no sac, lining of my womb hadn't thickened, not anything to indicate I was pregnant! Was even told that by the scan it looked like i was ovulating :sad: Was asked to have another blood test.... results have doubled again! I am now so confused, I have been booked in for another scan but I am now so upet by it all. Has anyone ever known for the removal of the implant to give fake pregnancy results or do you think I am just too early for it to show up on a scan? Apart from my boobs growing slighty, I have not had any signs of pregnancy. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Emmie xx

maybe it is too early for a scan to pick it up hun. but 4 positive tests sounds hopeful. hope everything goes well for you hun xx

an implant does not contain any HCG which is the pregnancy hormone now would its removal suddenly put hcg in your system...just never heard of it and Im a bit long in the tooth and gone through tonnes of stuff TTC, the only way that I am aware of to have hcg double is pregnancy...and if you are early it wont pick up on a scan darlin...keeping everything crossed for you xxx keep us posted x

Hi chick I don't want to worry you but have they checked to make sure ur not ectopic?

Candyfloss thats a good point...

I happened to me 9 weeks ago... Had all the scans and everything and couldn't fins the baby so they assumed I had miscarried until my levels kept rising. They ended up taking me to surgery and removing my right tube.... I've not had af since. I have done a test which is saying pregnant. I have to wait another week till we can confirm a new pregnancy or old hcg.

I know it's not nice for someone to think they are ectopic but I would like to think at least tube could be saved if it's caught early

I was worried about ectopic especially as i have a history of endometriosis and I read that it can leave you at higher risk but they didn't really seem too concerned about it. I am pretty sure they will check for all that today. Fingers crossed.... Will keep you posted x x

I was worried about ectopic especially as i have a history of endometriosis and I read that it can leave you at higher risk but they didn't really seem too concerned about it. I am pretty sure they will check for all that today. Fingers crossed.... Will keep you posted x x

They didn't check with me either chick.... Hope all goes well let us know x

All went well... I am 5 weeks and all looks perfectly normal! Got to go back in 2 weeks for another one. So pleased! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back