Pregnant following a missed miscarriage

Flick9670

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am pregnant, 20 weeks tomorrow, following a missed miscarriage a year ago and I am finding everything so worrying! If I don't feel anything then I panic, when I do feel something am convinced it is gas rather than baby, I want to enjoy this but I just feel sick with worry! Does anyone else have a similar situation? I have my scan this week and I can't sleep for worrying about it and if something has gone wrong!

Oh Flick, I feel the same and Im only 6 weeks! I had a scan today and saw heartbeat but Im still only cautiously excited as I almost dont want to allow myself to feel anything just in case!

You are 20 weeks now, half way there and Im sure all is going fine. I do understand your concerns though but you are actually past the more riskt part of pregnancy.

Do you have some pne you can discuss your worries with, maybe your midwife? After 2 mc I went on to have my gorgeous little boy who is now 2. I had a rotten pregnancy and felt I hadnt properly bonded but as soon as he was in my arms the worry of the unknown and pain of spd went away. When you have your baby it switches to worrying in a different way but talking helps.

Sending a big hug though and would love to know how your scan goes. Xxxxx

Hey my baby will be a yr next month and when I was pregnant I was the same. I had just miscarried aswell so was nervous. I didn't feel anything till around 24 25 weeks. I also had lots of hospital visits as I couldn't feel her. I had a car accident and fell on my tummy whilst around 30 weeks which scared the life out of me. Because of all my reduced movement's I ended up have a induction which then went to c section. At 10 months I have been told I have PND. I believe its because i spent the whole pregnancy worried and now i am worried something will happen. You should talk to your mw id hate for anyone to feel like I did and do. I never enjoyed being pregnant as I was a nervous wreck all the time xx

Thank you ladies, its horrible but refreshing to know it is not just me that feels the anxiety, I want to enjoy this as it will be our last but I just cant relax! Had my scan this morning and he was fine, the first thing they did was show the heart beat so that I could relax for the checks! I have another scheduled in for 34 weeks as my placenta is covering the birthing canal which could mean a sun roof birth (c-section :)) but will see then, at least I have another scan scheduled in, I feel the next 20 weeks are just going to be full or anxiety and turmoil!!

I know I should be happy now, and since the scan I have felt him wriggling around lots, but her measurements kept showing 19 Weeks 1 day where I am dated at 20 weeks 1 day so now I have a new worry that the baby is too small, and she didn't give me any reason to worry but I am just a 24/7 worrier unfortunately! x

That is fine. I know it's hard but if they are not concerned you shouldn't be. All the stress is not good for baby or you and trust me you will not enjoy this. I'm talking from experience x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back