Pregnant Characters on T.V

little*red

Reaction score
ARRRRGGGGHHH sorry i had to just come here and rant about this because it is really starting to bug me!

** All forum member run for cover from the hormonal pregnant lady**

Ok to start off with Skye in neighbours. She is only about 8 weeks pregnant and already has the bump of a woman at least 20 weeks pregnant! The thing that really p*sses me off about her though, is that she constantly walks around with her hand on her stomach and rubs it! :x ARGH it really annoys me, its like her hand is glued to her stomach!

Next we have Hollyoaks, where there are 3 pregnant characters: Becca, Amy and Claire.
Becca is also similar to Skye with the whole bump thing, she had a massive bump by about 16 weeks and now she is about 30 weeks or something it hasnt grown one bit, also she had her anamoly scan when she was about 27 weeks and this was the first scan she had!!???
Amy apparently 22 weeks pregnant, now this girl is as thin as a rake, so it really bugs me that apparently Becca had a huge bump at this stage but Amy is still fitting into her size 6 skirts!!??
Last but not least we have Claire, who is apparently 3 weeks pregnant but has a really late period? erm what!? The last i checked the average cycle length meant that you would have to be at least 4 weeks pregnant before you missed a period and around 5 or 6 weeks if you were really late. She hasnt even taken a pregnancy test yet and she is going around telling all the guys she has slept with that she is definetly pregnant! She has already started doing the hand-glued-to-stomach pose so she will probably have the fake belly on next week aswell no doubt!
phew i needed to get that off my chest, it just really annoys me that if they are going to do a pregnancy storyline then they can at least do it properly, i mean its hardly difficult to research is it! :roll:

OK, RANT OVER! :oops: Thanks for reading :D

lol I dont watch Hollyoaks but I sometimes watch neighbours and yesterday I saw Skye rubbing her bump and she did look huge! I havent been follwing it though so wasnt sure how far on she was!!

I saw the episode where she fell over or something and was offered a scan to check the baby and she refused incase ultrasound would harm the baby, I thought that was a bit daft :lol:

Claire is faking it though love :wink:
It drives me nuts how quick Amy's is progressing, I swear she was only 18 week 2 weeks ago! :lol:
And yeah Becca's bump has been the same size for ages now.

Don't watch Neighbours so can't comment :)

Skye bugs me too!!!

Why did she have her amnio so early?

Becca!!!! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH :evil:

***** JOINS THE PREGNANT HORMONE BRIGADE**************

One more thing too, why does Karl in Neighbours do every single doctors job possible, I mean one doc in a whole hospital? That poor man! and to think we thought the NHS was under staffed :shock:

:rotfl: you nutter!

you think they only have one fake preggy belly in hollyoaks so one cant get a bump till the other one has finished? :think: lets hope she doesnt go over due then :lol:

labours always wind me up on programmes - the instant they feel their first pain they clutch their bellies and writhe in agony. i think for most of us we had plenty of time to pop some make up on and sort out a few bits before the pain got that bad! god help them if they are in agony at that point - long way to go yet girl - best save your best 'acting in pain' till for the pushing bit!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

kirlykird said:
One more thing too, why does Karl in Neighbours do every single doctors job possible, I mean one doc in a whole hospital? That poor man! and to think we thought the NHS was under staffed :shock:

:rotfl:

Em78 said:
labours always wind me up on programmes - the instant they feel their first pain they clutch their bellies and writhe in agony. i think for most of us we had plenty of time to pop some make up on and sort out a few bits before the pain got that bad! god help them if they are in agony at that point - long way to go yet girl - best save your best 'acting in pain' till for the pushing bit!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:rotfl: yeah tell me about it! I was on MSN chatting when my labour kick started before my waters went! Not going, ooooh a pain the baby is coming NOW!! :lol:

I'm confused :shock:

I am sure Amy is only supposed to be 15 weeks at the moment according the hospital the other day??

And Claire hasnt had her pregnancy scare yet? i'm sure that is coming next week??

How come everyone seems to be a week in front of me?? :shock:

Hollyoaks - E4 my darling!! :lol: I have to know the day ahead :lol:
And no Amy is 22 weeks now according to what they said when she had the crash?? Isn't she?

I've just read that Sky in neighbours gives birth at the end of this year and someone steals her newborn baby!!! :shock:

She cannot be 8 weeks!!

Sami said:
And no Amy is 22 weeks now according to what they said when she had the crash?? Isn't she?
Yeah i got the 22 weeks because i heard them say that after the crash she was 21 weeks, thats why i was like WTF!? she doesnt even look like she has a pea in her belly never mind a 22 week old baby!

x-Kirsty-x said:
She cannot be 8 weeks!!
I don't know how far along Skye is but she didnt find out that long ago. she didnt have a bump on friday now apparently she is bigger than i am at 20 weeks, her "bump" grew huge overnight!

haha girls you are funny.... only one that annoys me is amy she is sooooo skinny @ early 20 weeks!!! haha xxxx

honey (from enders) labour annoyed me... :x

like seriously.. do they expect ppl to believe thats how it really happens.. and then a clean 3 month old baby pops out.. :lol:

labours on tv are so dramatic and instant...

i understand that they have to fasten everything.. but gosh... a little reality wudnt hurt :D

i guess a labour going on for 72+ hours wud scare viewers too much :rotfl:

ok here is the results of my research:
Sky found out she was pregnant (UK episodes) on 4th September 2006 which makes her about 12 weeks doesnt it? still not enough to constitute her big bump! :roll:

in the australian episodes the episode she found out she was pregnant was shown on 12th June 2006 and apparently she has just given birth to her little girl (she called her Kerry) on 31st October. LMAO so it only takes about 20 weeks to have a baby in neighbours land! if only :lol: .

Also forgot to add in the original post, has anyone else noticed how the straps of Becca (hollyoaks) fake bump suit thing are always showing, its kind of flesh coloured but really noticable, they probably just thought most people would think it was her underwear!

Yeah honey's labour bugged me too, gas and air did NOT make me that relaxed and giggling! it bugged me how she lost all pain! :evil:

What about Viv Hope in Emmerdale then lol I know shes got twins in there but i remember hearing she was a month behind me at 1 point n shes bloody huge now lol
im not :(

Be glad ur not huge hun! And soon enough u will have a growth spurt and wish u wa able to fit thru a door again lol! :lol:

little*red said:
Last but not least we have Claire, who is apparently 3 weeks pregnant but has a really late period? erm what!? The last i checked the average cycle length meant that you would have to be at least 4 weeks pregnant before you missed a period and around 5 or 6 weeks if you were really late. She hasnt even taken a pregnancy test yet and she is going around telling all the guys she has slept with that she is definetly pregnant! She has already started doing the hand-glued-to-stomach pose so she will probably have the fake belly on next week aswell no doubt!
phew i needed to get that off my chest, it just really annoys me that if they are going to do a pregnancy storyline then they can at least do it properly, i mean its hardly difficult to research is it! :roll:

OK, RANT OVER! :oops: Thanks for reading :D

i agree with the other 2....i found this annoying when i was pregnant aswell..sharon on eastenders found out after me and was 4 weeks...suddenly they said she was 20 weeks and i was only 16...lol

but Claire isnt pregnant shes making it up..so its meant to be ridiculous like this so that max susses her out!!

little*red said:
ARRRRGGGGHHH sorry i had to just come here and rant about this because it is really starting to bug me!

** All forum member run for cover from the hormonal pregnant lady**

Ok to start off with Skye in neighbours. She is only about 8 weeks pregnant and already has the bump of a woman at least 20 weeks pregnant! The thing that really p*sses me off about her though, is that she constantly walks around with her hand on her stomach and rubs it! :x ARGH it really annoys me, its like her hand is glued to her stomach!

:rotfl: i so agree with this its ridiculous why why why can't she get that hand surgically removed from her stomach!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back