Pregnant at 42

Viridian

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum :)

I unexpected got pregnant last year at the ripe old age of 41 (after many years believing I was infertile) but unfortunately miscarried at 8 weeks. Recently my partner and I decided to try again and somehow (at the age of 42, with a history of PCOS and with all the talk of how hard it is to conceive in your 40's) I got pregnant this month - our first month trying!!!:shock:

The thing is I want to be really happy about it but am also worried in case I miscarry again.

I'm only about 4 weeks at the moment so it is still early days - the end of my first trimester seems to be stretching out endlessly before me. I need to read lots of success stories I think and take less notice of the doom and gloomers. :lol:

Excited but scared.

Last edited:
Wow viridian that's exciting news! Welcome to the forum, and wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy! :)

congratulations!! think youll be ok you know, got a good feeling :D x

Congratulations! I'm in the same boat. I'm 40 and 9+ weeks pregnant, absolutely terrified!

Thanks folks.

queenanne - good to know that I am not the only oldie on here expecting :D

Huge congratulations and welcome to the forum!

Im an oldie at 38, sadly had MC in March but I am happy to say I am now 20 weeks pregnant and all is well so it can and does happen!

Try and enjoy being pregnant and although I know its easier said than done try not to worry too much!

Look forward to seeing your progress xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back