Hello everyone **waves**

Sabrina

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just found this site today and would like to introduce myself.

I'm 41 (42 in 3 months time) and found out today I am expecting my 2nd child. It was a bit of a shock, :shock: not really planned, but I am quite happy with the news (although I think it's still sinking in). My partner, who is quite a lot younger than me, seems to be really happy at the news.

Up until this Summer I had experienced a lot of problems with my periods and then I had treatment for endiometriosis plus surgery to remove an ovarian cyst. At that procedure the consultant found I had only one ovary :? Since the surgery I had no problems with my periods and felt really good.

I am not sure if the surgery helped or if it was just "luck" but in any event somehow I fell pregnant and have just taken a home test this morning to confirm what my body was already telling me. So, here I am, about 5/6 weeks pregnant. 8)

I am sure I will meet with some opposition along the way considering my age and notwithstanding the fact that I have another child of almost 17. But I hope everyone, friends and family alike, will understand how happy I am and how priviledged I feel to be pregnant. :D

Thanks for reading my introduction. I hope some other mums out there will empathise with my situation (or age!) and say "hi"

Sabrina
x

:wave: Hello and welcome!! They're a great bunch on here,hope to speak to you soon!! :wave:

Hello and welcome!

My neighbour has just given birth at age 44, she looks far fitter and healthier than me!

Good luck with your PG!

:wave: Hi Sabrina and welcome. Everyone is so friendly on here so just relax.
I dont think ur age matters, and you sound so proud and happy.
I am gonna have a 7 year age gap between my two. The only thing is thoses School runs :x Another so many years of walking to school every day . :D x

Hi Sabrina :wave:

Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your pregnancy - wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months!!

Speak Soon,

Em x

bagpuss said:
:wave: Hello and welcome!! They're a great bunch on here,hope to speak to you soon!! :wave:

Hi Bagpuss thanks for your message of welcome :) Hope to chat soon

Sabrina x

samrbtson said:

Hi Sam

Thanks for the welcome message. I bet you are getting really excited.. only 14 days to go! Wow.

Sabrina
x

Tattooed Lady said:
Hello and welcome!

My neighbour has just given birth at age 44, she looks far fitter and healthier than me!

Good luck with your PG!

Hello Tattooed Lady,

thanks for the reassuring post. I've not heard of anyone near my age giving birth (apart from that lady in the news a while back who was about 60!). So it's good to hear there are other older mums out there.

Thanks again
Sabrina
x

nicilou said:
:wave: Hi Sabrina and welcome. Everyone is so friendly on here so just relax.
I dont think ur age matters, and you sound so proud and happy.
I am gonna have a 7 year age gap between my two. The only thing is thoses School runs :x Another so many years of walking to school every day . :D x

Hi nicilou

thanks for your message. I'm trying to relax LOL. Haven't had my first doctors appt yet so hope that won't be too stressful.

I don't have much to do with my son's school run at present as he's going to college now but I certainly remember those days. :lol:

Sabrina

Emmylou said:
Hi Sabrina :wave:

Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your pregnancy - wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months!!

Speak Soon,

Em x

Hi Em,
thanks for your welcome and good wishes

Sabrina

sarah113 said:
hiya and welcome to the forum!!!!

Hi Sarah,
thanks for your message and warm welcome. It really does seem such a friendly place here. :)

Sabrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back