Pregnancy yoga

frances2009

Reaction score
Has anyone done any pregnancy yoga classes? Private classes are being offered at my hospital and just trying to decide whether it is worth it?

I walk 3 miles a day so are reasonably fit, have never done yoga before though.

Has anyone been to classes?

'i'm a yoga freak and I teach British wheel classes. I can honestly say, that I think yoga is invaluble in pregnancy, not only for flexibility, stamina but can help cope with thoss annoying pregnancy niggles like posture and back pain. Also, I have had 2 pregnant ladies in my class over the last year. both with first babies. 1 gave birth in 1 hour 45 mins and the other, 45 minutes!!!! Maybe I overdid those hip opening exercises!!

I could go on and on, but it really is a lovely experience. In dedicated pregnancy classes there is time spent on visualising your baby and lots of breathing work to help in labour.

Oh right, great thanks! Is there a best time to start (I'm 23 weeks now) or you think the sooner the better.

I'm the least flexible person I know and my balance is shocking! Hope they're gentle with me...

Starting now is fine. Anytime after 14 weeks is ok (unless u have been doing it beforehand and are just carrying on).

Don't worry, I'm sure they will be gentle lol!

seems interesting. I struggled getting off a chair today so I cant imagine yoga is gonna be a skill I have!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back