Pregnancy tests

holly;

Reaction score
Ohkay so like many of you know I only BD once this month due to OH being ill but turns out we could still be in with a chance!

If not next month will be our first month of TTC properly. I've figured out roughly when i'll be OV in December and obviously i'll take into consideration my CM aswell.
The day AF will be due (after december BD), and i'll be testing happens to be my birthday aswell!

Anyway, i thought i'd as about pregnancy tests now incase i do need one on the 3rd.

When's the best time of the day to test ?

Which are the best to use ? There are so many out there I wouldn't know where to start!

And any particular no-no's ?

Thanks.

Hi Holly :wave:

Always best to use FMU (first morning urine) as this is when the pregnancy hormone HCG is most concentrated, and therefore most likely to show up.

Not sure about which tests, different people seem to prefer different brands but when I've had BFP's I've used either Tesco own brand tests or Ebay cheapies (25 miu) and confirmed with Clearblue digitals. The main thing is not to test too early cos if you wait until the day AF is due, then chances are it will show up on any test regardless of brand! Easier said than done I know.

Good luck x

Thanks Emma,

Af is due december 3rd but won't be able to get a test until the 5th/6th unless I get the OH to get me one on the way home from work.

I think i'll go with an own brand, there's a boots and superdrug where the OH works. Then get a Clearblue digital like you said if I do get a BFP on an own brand.

:D

You can buy thesa tests now that tell you 5 days before your af
is due .. clear blue tell you 5 days before and the new ones even tell you
how many wks you are pregnant thesa are the digital ones that are easy
to read than the test strips cause they either tell you pregnant or not pregnant
good luck for your bfp hun :hug:

I think most people tend to start using 10mlu cheapies (like from Savers or Ebay) and then confirm with a digital test (firstly because they are expensive and secondly because a lot of us don't tend to believe it unless we see the word 'pregnant' :rotfl: )

Hiya, my advice is wait till AF is due cos it really can be far too stressful if you do it early...here is my story why!!!!!

Last month i had a dream about 7 days after OV that said do a test, your preggers!!! Well, i thought 'this must be a sign!!1' so i did a cheapie strip test and it cam up BFP. AS you can imagine i was over the flippin moon!!!! The following day i used the same strips and the line was there but alot fainter this time. I spent loads of time online asking peoples opinions of these tests. Some said they were good for getting an early positive, others said they can give load of false positives. So on 10 days pass OV i caved i and bought First response test cos i dont have that regular periods, and thought for all i know, i could be due on today. Well it was a BFN. My week was like the biggest ball of stress ever!!!!! PLus, i didnt want to trust the tests, and they all said diff things. The next day i bought a digi 5 days early test and that was BFN, which was sooooooo upsetting!!!!!! On 14 days pass OV i bought a tesco own and got a faint line and the next day got a BFP. The day after that i bought a Digi with conception indicator and got a BFP 1-2 weeks PG.

So the moral of the story is.....don't test early, and don't expect pregnancy tests to give the right result as stated. I didnt get a BFP on a digi until quite a while after anything else.

God luck :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I would personally use some ebay cheapies first - they are a couple of pounds for a pack of 5 or so! Then when these show a BFP wait and keep testing for a couple of days before using a clearblue digi..........

I personally found the 10 MIu ebay tests very effective and picked up my BFP just 8 days past ovulation.......however be warned that testing early can cause a great deal of distress as the ratio of chemical pregnancies is so high, which is why its best to wait until AF is due before testing which it sounds like you are going to do!!

The tests from the seller fertility Plan on ebay arrive very very quickly - usually next day (and their clearblue tests are cheaper than the high street shops too)!

Good luck testing :D

I would advise against using a brand called 'predictor' really rubbish and didn't pick up anything even when I WAS pg! I used ebay cheapies in the lead upto my period due date, but found the best by far were first response...really clear concise line.

L xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back