Pregnancy diary

Elsie

Reaction score
Hello Ladies

Is anyone else keeping a pregnancy diary? I have been TTC for a year and have had too many months when I am convinced "this is it" only to be disappointed by BFN. I started my diary on new year's day and write everything in it - thoughts, feelings, tummy cramps, sore boobs, BD ing, Ov tests, PG tests, egg whites, the lot. It really helps when I think "did I have this pain last month" or "is this normal" I just look in my diary and 9 times out of 10 it's the same stuff every month. This helps to keep things in perspective and not get hopes up too much when I am a few days late or I have a metalic taste in my mouth.
This month, I am 2 days late and have every symptom in the book but I have done 3 tests and all BFN - exactly the same as last month! All very disappointing but diary does stop me from going crazy.

Hope this helps others in the same frustrating position.

Good luck to all.

Hi Elsie

What a great idea it is to keep a diary!!
I was exactly the same as you getting symptons every month and then before you know it evil AF :twisted: decides to show her face.

This month could be your month though so don't give up hope. It took two weeks from the day my period was due to finally get my BFP and even that was faint!!

So good luck and keep us posted xx

I kept one for the same reason for you, to try to stop myself getting the imaginary symptoms every month. Didn't really help myself inventing them though!! :wink:

I also kept a diary around ovulation time, and this may help you..... This was the month I got my BFP.

'Normally' I ovulate on day 18, but to be on the safe side, I start diarising everything from about day 12. I had also decided to only BD every other day around ovulation instead of going at it like rabbits as usual!!!!

Day 12 - BD in the morning
Day 13 - BD at night
Day 14 - nothing
Day 15 - BD at night
Day 16 - 2 lines on OPK at 5pm and cramps all evening
Day 17 - cramps low right side constant most of the day. BD at night
Day 18 - nothing
Day 19 - BD in afternoon

That's a great idea. It can sure help you realize what is 'normal' for you and what is unusual!

and, worst case scenario (and I hope this won't be the case!!!), should you be TTC for longer than you'd expect, it will be good info to take to a doctor.

But who knows, this could already be your month!! Good luck!

i made a diary for through out my PG with my feelings etc on it

Really appreciate all your input girls.
Did another test today and again negative. I think the advice about BDing every few days rather then every day could be good. Ovulation tests never work for me (never get a line) so we always end up wearing ourselves out between day 11 and day 18. It certainly gets less romantic as the days go by! :roll:

The month i concieved i BDed everyday (wasn't gonna miss that little egg again :oops: )

Doesn't work that way i know :( , but they say every other day is the best way to do it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back