Pregnancy exercise?

willowwisp

Reaction score
I'm just (literally) having a day today when I'm feeling marginally better. The room has stopped spinning and although I'm shaky, I can move without having horrific motion sickness :dance:

With having a good day it's got me thinking, I'm hyper mobile and I've always done pilates to help keep my joints strong and comfortable. So I'm tempted to do some pregnancy pilates after I've cleared it with MW at the weekend.

Does anyone do pilates/yoga/anything else targeted to help them stay fit and comfy through pregnancy? And is there anything you'd recommend?

I've been doing antenatal yoga and love it, its great for realxation, helping me sleep better and I know Pickle likes it as it usually rocks him to sleep and then he's quiet for the rest of the evening. I also enjoy the breathing techniques which I'll find useful during labour. I dont think any form of 'class' exercise is recommended before 14 weeks though, certainly my yoga instructor wont allow anyone in before then.

DH and I also go for a walk most evenings for about an hour (weather dependant) to try and keep the ol' heart pumping.
xx

Same as FirstBaby, I have been going to antenatal yoga and found it brilliant. I practised yoga before but I have found the antenatal yoga brilliant for breathing techniques and posture during pregnancy and tips for labour positions.

My yoga instructor won't accept anyone before the 14 week mark either.

I go for a 45 walk about five times a week just to get me moving....otherwise I would be firmly glued to my sofa!! x

I'm considering having some private pilates lessons depending what the MW says now, and booking into some antenatal classes for trimester 2 so the yoga recommendations are fab! Thanks!

I'm slightly worried if I don't get moving I'm going to be fighting a loosing battle with my joints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back