post pregnancy pelvic gridle pains....

Daggers

Reaction score
Hoping someone might be able to shed a light for me :roll: , since having Otis (nearly 18 months ago) I've always suffered back ache. Finally at the beginning of this year I've been seeing a physio (god knows it took long enough to convince the various doctors I saw since Otis was about 6 months old!).
Anywho since seeing the physio the pain has moved from my lower back and is mainly in my right hip (leg). It is sooo painful that I still haven't found a comfortable position that will help eliviate the pain. In general the symptoms are the same as for PGP while preggers - shooting pains down the leg, painful to turn over in bed, etc.
Generally what I what to know has / does anyone else suffer from the same and how have you been dealing with it. My physio recommend I do pilates which I'm now starting to do religiously but I can't imagine how I'm going to cope if this goes on for another year or god knows how long....any advice is welcome PLEASE! Ta mi dears :hug: :hug:

Hiya, Im still suffering with SPD/PGP since pregnancy although Ellie's only 6 weeks old... Im planning on going back to see GP about it and not sure if ill be referred for physio again or not. Sorry cant answer but hope you find a solution soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I haven't had baby yet but I find the support belt I got from the physio to be helpful. Not a cure but a reduction in pain when moving. Could you ask your physio for one?

This is a bit of a long shot but my OH was in agony with pain in his arm/shoulder/back which he had for about a year (he thinks from doing computer work all day) anyway, it was getting to the stage where he could not sleep at night and could hardly move his arm. He went to see an acupuncturist and after 2 sessions he was completely better! It did get worse in between the treatments though as he was warned it might do by the acupuncturist.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I haven't had baby yet but I find the support belt I got from the physio to be helpful. Not a cure but a reduction in pain when moving. Could you ask your physio for one?

This is a bit of a long shot but my OH was in agony with pain in his arm/shoulder/back which he had for about a year (he thinks from doing computer work all day) anyway, it was getting to the stage where he could not sleep at night and could hardly move his arm. He went to see an acupuncturist and after 2 sessions he was completely better! It did get worse in between the treatments though as he was warned it might do by the acupuncturist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back