Pregnancy Brain in meltdown

KirstyD

Reaction score
I've always been a little ditsy (blamed it on me being blond) but recently it's all gone to a new level to the point of getting dangerous!

I'm forever bumping into things, dropping things (especially food down myself, attractive :oops: ) and losing things recently.

The other day i got locked in my house as i left my housekeys in the car and had to climb out the window to get to work!

Today i actually had a bit of a shock as nearly got hit by a car, was walking into work and suddenly realised i had left my laptop in the car, did an about turn and walked straight back in the road, car screeched to a halt and was sooo close to me :shock: :shock: :shock: I was very lucky!

Does this happen all the way through, do you ever get your brain juice back?

Dont worry! I'm the same! :lol: i've always been clumsy, but its at a whole new level now! feel like i have big ham hands!! :rotfl:
very forgetful and cant remember if i've switched things off before I've left the house (i.e straightners) and cant remember if i put the handbrake on or locked the car! Had to go back and check today! kid on I left my phone in the car today when people at work asked where i was going... :shhh:

the weekend topped it off for my OH... I was getting ready for a wedding and I was bit late, taxis were waiting and walked out the hotel room and half way down the corridor...forgotten my bracelet....did the same again but had forgotten my ring!!!! lol! :lol: OH was ratty by this point!!

OH doesnt agree, but I definately think pregnancy does something to your brain!
also my driving has been a little risky at times....ooooooops!

Yep! I put cups in the washing machine, instead of the sink, and go to put washing in the fridge, that kind of thing! I forget everything that isn't written down too. If you Google it you'll find that the brain actually does shrink during pregnancy but that afterwards it springs back again and is actually re-wired in the areas that control multi-tasking so we are actually better at that after having a baby- bonus! I guess they can look at these things now that they can scan the brain for activity etc. I found the whole pregnancy brain thing very scary last time, I actually got quite down about it as I felt to stupid but it does all come back- honest, and improved!

:hug: :hug: :hug:
+++

p.s. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... i_n9648385

Yip im the same. Feel I have to double check everything and half the time I feel like im walking around half asleep. Forgot my Mam and Dads anniversary and normally im great with stuff like that! DOH

ive gotta test assignment to send in b4 friday and I know normally I would be able to do it without a problem but at the min I dont have much faith. Had a read through what I have to do and my heads in bits cause I just dont think I can do it. My tutor knows im pregnant so im hoping so understands. She sent me an email saying give it a go I understand yr pregnant :lol: bless her!

Ah bless you - I had to laugh at your post!!

I am exactly the same! - I also locked myself out of the house last Monday and had to get my other half to come and rescue me (from his work's meeting!)

Good question!!!

My brain is slightly better than it was a month ago, my worse one yet was when we moved back to the UK from France and I left our UK house keys in France.....talk about a nightmare situation!

Im still dropping things and much clumsier than I used to be, but my brain power is slowly getting back to normal :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back