Slimming World When Pregnant? Think it's okay?

Julia

Reaction score
Hello Carriers of little beans!

I am going to start Slimming World. I did it a couple of years ago and I never felt better. It is a really healthy way of eating - fruit, veg, fish in abundance! I am also going to try not to put on too much weight during my pregnancy. I have spoken to the consultant and she said that midwives think it is fine as long as you are not trying to LOOSE weight. It is simply s helathy way of controlling and maintaining a sensible weight gain through the pregnancy....

Obviously, I will definately speak to my midwife. I have a number of recipe books which give you healthy meal choices and advice you on your nutritional intake each day...

What do you all think? Selfish or sensible?

Julia xxxxx

my doctor told me to eat what i want and not diet...

but, if you are going more for the healthy eating, instead of losing weight/dietingm then i don't see why not.

Thanks for your reply SamandAlice,

Yes - it is definately more for healthy eating. Obviously - if it stops me from putting on stones of weight also, I will be pleased. I am simply going to use it as a healthy "guide".

I certainly do not intend to put my baby at risk just to avoid putting on weight. I am not going to be desperately counting down the pounds! When I eat rubbish it makes me feel terrible so this will help me avoid it and guide me through a nutritionally healthy pregnancy. It will also help with constipation beacuse of the fruit and veg recipes...

Anu other thoughts?

Julia xxx

I think sensible, definitely!!

Obviously if you are doing it to lose weight, then it's not a good idea, but definitely to eat healthily and to give you and bubs all the nutrition you need then it's a fab idea.

Try not to cut out ALL bad stuff, it is healthy to put on a bit of weight during pregnancy.

Whether you use the net to work out a healthy diet, your MW to work out a healthy diet or Slimming World to work out a healthy diet... It doesn't matter :D Don't let the name "Slimming World" fool you guys!! xx

Thanks Dannii,

Oh I will definately eat things that I fancy along the way! Just had a packet of chocolate buttons :wink:

Julia xxx

As the others have said.

If it's to help you stay on the right track with regards to eating a healthy balanced diet then that's got to be a positive thing.

Eating for two is a myth when pregnant.

Eating a healthy diet is defo the way to go.

Good luck with it all.

I wish I could follow a healthy diet lol!
I started one before I got pg and now I get crazy cravings that are not always the healthiest of foods (todays- Big Mac lol)
Good luck to you!! :D

Thanks Bagpuss and Lea M,

Been out today and bought all my healthy ingredients! Now going to try the recipes!

Should also help with the constipation I have at times! :shock:

I will let you know what happens xxxx

Love

Julia xxxx

I was doing a similar plan, CORE with Weight watchers before I got pregnant. I have been told that it is safe to continue with through pregnancy and as I obviously wont be drinking I may even loose a little bit of wieght int he first 3 months.

Average weight gain is only supposed to be about 2lb in the first three months (everyone varies obviously) so I think its a great idea. Balanced healthy meals, lots of fresh fruit and veg. Im sure it will be great for you and baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back